Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NY fishing reports for May 2010

I took the wrong surf bag with me last night. The one I grabbed was all metal. It would have been ok but I could not get anything on them last night.

Blitzhunter, you can catch bass at night on metal. The optimal conditions would be if you were near a lighted area, or were in some sort of current or troth somewhere where you could drag it across the sand on the bottom. Next time give it a try, use it like a bucktail that you would drag in cold water. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Blitzhunter, you can catch bass at night on metal. The optimal conditions would be if you were near a lighted area, or were in some sort of current or troth somewhere where you could drag it across the sand on the bottom. Next time give it a try, use it like a bucktail that you would drag in cold water. Good luck.
    Or a variation of this is you can jerk and drop it like a wounded baitfish. This works great when the sandeels come in. Hello dark!
    I fished a NS harbor this morning, the winds were building. One runt bass on rubber.

I had a good night last night. Caught two bass in an hour after that it went dead.

Fished the backside of gsb, 3-6:30, got 2 shorties on swim shads.

7Deadlyplugs, sorry I missed you last night. I was out around 6:00pm Came up with nothing but decided to hit the back bay again this morning. I had a nice bass 31" using rubber.

I spent Saturday and Sunday in SI. I was able to get away for a little while so I headed on out to one on my favorite spots. As always it did me proud. I got 3 bass up to 35" one morning the the other I got one bass at 29". I let them all go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12