Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NY fishing reports for June 2010

I made a trip near WE early this morning, caught one blue on a tsunami popper.

Took myself to the NS early this morning. Fished from 5 to 7.

There are a decent amount of rat bass at some select north shore locations. I worked the shore for 2 hours this evening, 8 rats on a bucktail and pork.

I caught two bass on a swimmer last night. Wasn't going to go out but a friend of mine called me up and convinced me to go. Glad I did. Both went back into the water.

Headed out to Jones beach early this morning. One 30" bass caught on a black bomber.

I decided to fish clams last night. Met some good guys but I did not catch anything.

Hit the NS again this morning 4:00 am. There were blues jumping so I had myself a blues day! Great Action on small poppers.

Jbay from 5:30-8 this morning. Caught a fluke on bucktail.

Jone beach yesterday. There were so many bunker that I got skunked.

Willie, I fished near that area last night. Saw the bunker, there must have been millions of them. Didn't see much underneath though. They were all too far to reach. I fished 6-10pm, last of the outgoing. Got one short bass around 9pm on a redfin.

FI last night. Didn't catch anything.

We fished near orient yesterday, 25' of water. The last of the incoming, managed 4 bass to 35# on live bunker. The fish are still there guys!

Went over to the north shore last night. I got one blue on an orange and white popper.

Headed out to FI early this morning before work.

Headed out to JBay 4:00 - 6:00 this morning with the dream of catching a striper. Where did they all go? I caught three skates. At least I didn't get skunked.

Blitzhunter, the Jbay striped bass fishery has dwindled to a trickle as the water temps have pushed up and many of the bunker pods have left. Try out front, there are some large schools of bunker along the LI coast right now.

Also try some of the inlets you know or live close to. If you can find water that is 5 degrees warmer than the rest, sunrise or sunset near the top of the tide, you may increase your chances. Check your pms. Good luck.

We lucked into a nice body of fish this morning. Somewhere on the ss. From 5-8am bunker were jumping for their life. A buddy and I got into them with weighted trebles snagging the bunker. He got 4 to 35lbs. I got 3 to 30lbs. We each kept 1, it was a great morning of fishing.

Fished the southern shores of LI 4-7:45a. Bunker were getting hammered. Some in close, some out far. There were a few pods in close. I got one bass about 25# on a 3 oz pencil, quick release. A few other folks who had snag hooks got into some nicer bass. I neglected to bring any snags with me. In all, it lasted about an hour. Good action.

Hit the hamptons area to see if I could find a pre-dawn bite. 2 rat bass, bucktail and 6"white grub.

Late report - North Shore last night. Tons of bugs but left before some bass come in. My buddy caught a 30" on a popper.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast