Thread: Pentax Optio digital camera

Default Pentax Optio digital camera

Got myself a pentex optio camera. What are some suggestions on carrying it with me out to the water? Does anyone make floating waterproof cases?

Hookset, it's a great camera. Don't know if you got the W-60, but I'm very happy with Pentax. The newer versions are water resistant to something like 10 feet, the older versions to something like 25 feet.

I would go to Wally World and buy a cheap case. As long as it has some cushioning you should be fine. As for floating, nope.. they sink. You can get an outside enclosure or something to make sure they float, but IMO they're not worth the money and too cumbersome if you are actively fishing and moving around. Make sure your wrist strap is always around your wrist if you are in a tough environment, and you'll be glad you did. Good luck with it.

I keep mine either in a pouch on the surfbag or pocket in jacket. Always have a secure lanyard (coiled) attached to it and either the surfbag or jacket.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I keep mine either in a pouch on the surfbag or pocket in jacket. Always have a secure lanyard (coiled) attached to it and either the surfbag or jacket.

What he^^^said. I have the Olympus SW 770 which i put into the inside pouch in my waders also.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again