Thread: Jack's bait & tackle City Island da Bronx

Hybrid View

Default Mikey does it again!!!

I can't get enough of this guy, he's at again.

OHHH! OHHH! You ain't looosin no bass over dis ting, If I can't rip it off, they can't rip it off. This is classic video, I love it.

Tough to decide who's funnier, Big John or Mikeeeee!:

Quote Originally Posted by nitestrikes View Post

OHHH! OHHH! You ain't looosin no bass over dis ting, If I can't rip it off, they can't rip it off. This is classic video, I love it.

ha ha dudes a sick ****, im invitin him to the next party we have,lol

Quote Originally Posted by nitestrikes View Post

I nominate this for the wackiest fishing video of all time.

It's been a year and 2 months since Mikey died.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ighlight=mikey

Pebbles and I went to the beach on Sun, so I decided to make a detour and visit Big John at Jack's B&T, City Island, on the way there.

I gotta tell ya's, Big John is the same guy you see in the videos. He's a little less hyper in person, but the same smile and in your face good old fashioned tackle shop talk, and fishin reports. The guy is 100% real, no BS.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP9685.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	11788

What you see is what you get. I had always wanted to meet the guy, and I wasn't disappointed. If you're in the area, they have great prices for all kinds of bait, clams, eels, worms, bunker.

And the late Mikey could attest to the fact that they had the freshest worms, and eels, in the whole frikkin area.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ighlight=mikey

Rip Mikey, miss your craziness.

Nice to meet ya,Big John.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP9686.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	11789

I'll try to go back when I get a chance and maybe do a video interview of the shop and how he got started.

I've been out to that shop a few times. Great Guy, full of info and supplies.

Talking dark

i cant stop laughen ooooooooooo my back hurtsfunny chit

Default "Fab Fall Fishing Report" from Jack's B&T

I'm on his mailing list, check out the latest report:

And when ya get a chance, stop in and say hi to "Big John".
    They have the freshest and the juiciest sandworms around.
    Big John will hook you up!

As we approach the end of summer the fishing season will start to pick up at a very fast pace with water temperatures cooling down and the fish will beginning to feed as they begin to move through and out of the area.

On the porgy front the last day to keep porgies from shore, private or rental will be Sunday Sept. 26th. The porgy fishing has been unbelieveable with fish being caught from Pea Island, The Antena, Huckleberry Island, Execution Lighthouse, along the shore lines of Mamaroneck and Rye and the points, Sands Point, Matinicock and Prospect Point. Best bait is Jack's jumbo sand and bloodworms, fresh clams and squid and remembering chumming is a must! The best depth of water is between 15 and 25 feet.

On the bluefish front for the past few weeks they have been catching blues to 15 pounds from Stepping Stone Lighthouse to Throggs Neck Bridge to behind Execution Lighthouse in the middle of the channel. Best bait Jack's fresh bunker, mackeral and also your can troll with surgical tubes and umbrella rigs to catch these big blues. Depth of water anywhere between 25-50 feet.

On the striped bass front as the water temperature begins to drop the striped bass will come back alive feeding along the shorelines with Jack's jumbo sands and fresh bunker. There have been alot of schooly bass being caught with some keepers mixed in, the size of these fish will increase as the days and weeks go by.

On the blackfish front the season will open Oct. 1st. We will have a full stock of fiddlers, green and Asian crabs, blackfish hooks and rigs and available immediately Jack's special blackfish jig. This jig will increase your catch by 50%. Remember to ask for Jack's Jig when your come in.

Boat rentals will be available through November.

On a final note...THE BEST FISHING IS UPON US for the next 90 days. Fall fishing is full of fish and tons of fun!

Remember: You can buy your Grundens in the shop or online throughout the year to keep you toasty and dry.

See You Soon!
    Big John

Those are SICK videos! Funny as hell, thanks for posting.