Thread: My daughter did this in a half hour

Hybrid View

Default My daughter did this in a half hour

I had this shirt on that I just thought was cool(I like bulldogs) and my daughter for fathers day while she was here drew it for me (took her about a half hour I couldn't trace it in that time) in charcoal it came out excellent she is going to college for art I guess drawing on the walls w/ crayons all the time when she was younger is starting to pay off.She wants to be an art teacher or get into graphic designing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 28479_1371464657857_1568970418_31008399_4837181_n.jpg  
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

That's intense! Amazing detail, and the facial features are awesome. Could be the beginning of a TV cartoon series, (or just a tribute to Dad the OLD DOG! )

Pebbles and I were just talking about skills like this the other day. There's actually an illustrator's school in Wayne NJ, maybe your daughter would consider checking something like that out in addition to college if there is one near you guys.

Illustrators and graphic designers can make 80k or more /year. Disney is always hiring, plus all the internet game companies. Her future looks bright, I hope for the best for her.

You can't learn something like that, you either have it or you don't. And she definitely has talent.

This must be a tribute to old dogs if not, either way it's great

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    That's intense! Amazing detail, and the facial features are awesome. Could be the beginning of a TV cartoon series, (or just a tribute to Dad the OLD DOG! )

Pebbles and I were just talking about skills like this the other day. There's actually an illustrator's school in Wayne NJ, maybe your daughter would consider checking something like that out in addition to college if there is one near you guys.

Illustrators and graphic designers can make 80k or more /year. Disney is always hiring, plus all the internet game companies. Her future looks bright, I hope for the best for her.

You can't learn something like that, you either have it or you don't. And she definitely has talent.
    You got that right when she first started drawing it Kam and I were looking at each other likethen she started all the shading and we were likeshes a good kid for 19 Thank God she has the sense not to listen to her mother who keeps on telling her after community college your on your own,I'll do everything possible to get her through college and make her dreams come true you can't throw talent out the window these days so I keep reassuring her to pursue her passions and don't let anything get in your way otherwise you will end up in a dead end job and you won't be happy.Thats a good idea OGB/OLD DOGS CLUB President/Surfstix taking applications. I'll put the pic up of the shirt so you can see the canvas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0553.jpg  
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

That's totally awesome.

Wink very nice

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    I had this shirt on that I just thought was cool(I like bulldogs) and my daughter for fathers day while she was here drew it for me (took her about a half hour I couldn't trace it in that time) in charcoal it came out excellent she is going to college for art I guess drawing on the walls w/ crayons all the time when she was younger is starting to pay off.She wants to be an art teacher or get into graphic designing.
    thats great AA ++

Thanks all now if I can get her to do my airbrushing that would be good or maybe she can teach me a thing or two about shading and layering colors.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

It looks like she has some ability. Good luck, she might be able to get a nice job after college.

Thanks hopefully there will be a job market when she graduates.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Very creative, cool.