Thread: surf bag

Default surf bag

I am getting a much needed new surf bag next week as a gift. Any suggestions on something that will last?

I like the Bronco bags. Stay away from the Aquaskinz, they only last a season or 2.

Bronco's if you can find them as they are no longer made

Surfcaster makes a great made in the USA bag thye last for ever
    What Cow said Aquaskinz leave allot to be desired I've never got more than a year before they started to rip

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I 'm with the others on all counts.
    I do like the Bronco best.
    PrecisionPak makes an OK Bag too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000130.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	11570
    Bronco

Name:	P1000131.jpg 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	11571
    Bronco

Name:	P5210002.jpg 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	11572
    The big Surfcaster fully loaded. Got rid of it, to heavy for the shoulder, I wear two smaller bags on the wader belt now.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Get a MAK bag that will last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfPlug View Post
    Get a MAK bag that will last forever.

Heard great things about that bag, Surfplug. Was he able to ramp up his production numbers, or is there still a waiting list?

Surfcaster bags -
    I knew I needed a new one when the duct-taped Canyon I had for years caused some sharpies at Montauk to pull me aside and kindly suggest I needed a new one. Thanks guys.

Finchaser felt bad for me too, and sold me a full sized Surfcaster he had. The thing was in primo condition, and since then has gone swimming with me as I've been knocked down on the rocks and on the sand in rough surf. The bag takes a beating, and still looks great. I'm so happy with it, and would recommend it to anyone.

The material it's constructed with is a lot tougher than some of the other popular "have to have to be a cool surf guy" bags. I would recommend it to anyone, and thank Finchaser for telling me I "had" to buy it from him. What a salesman that guy is!

I'll try to post pics when I get a chance.

I still have my Canyon couldn't tell you how many years just need to replace the velcro to keep it closed so my poppers stop floating out when I get too deep.Shimano makes bags but I've heard mixed reviews about them.The surfcaster,bronco and canyon are my top three choices.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

i use a swiss army military surplus bag. works fine and i've had it for 25 yrs.

don't know why anybody would want to look cool on the beach. to me, the fancy guys look like noobs or snobs or something.

no offence, it's just that the old timers that taught me back in the day all looked like hell but could really catch.

Quote Originally Posted by jonthepain View Post
    don't know why anybody would want to look cool on the beach. to me, the fancy guys look like noobs or snobs or something.
    You said it.
    Bronco good, Aquaskinz bad.
    One of these days I might get a MAK bag, if I get around to it.

I wanted to get a MAK bag also, but from what I hear the waiting list is long.

Another thumbs down for aquaskinz. I have their single row and constantly get hooks through the material.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Aquaskinz leave allot to be desired I've never got more than a year before they started to rip
    I don't know how they can get away with selling junk that falls apart. What is it are people afraid to say bad things about this company? I heard he gives people a hard time if they go to return a bag that didn't hold up, what's up with that?

Default Surf bag

I have a canvas bag that I have been using since the mid 80's. Aluminum one piece insert with lure compartments all riveted together and pockets on the outside for metals and/or leadheads. It is one of a kind. I even wash it in the washing machine every few years and to water proof it give it a bath in Thompsons water seal. Whatever brand it is, I doubt I will ever find another like it. I purcahased it at a local tackle shop on route 35 in South Amboy. I'm sure you all know where I'm talking about, it has been there for years. Hopefully it will out live me.

Mike O

That sounds like a great bag Mike. Any pics?