Thread: need some help a new plug dryer

Wink need some help a new plug dryer

does any one have the know how to cut a 10 or 8 inch round
    radius or can they do it for me please....

Like I said on the phone, I would make a circle in pencil, drill around the circumference with small drill bits, then use a jigsaw to finish the cuts. Sand everything with a dremel or drum sander attachment at the end of your drill.

I would definitely go for the 10", gives ya more flexibility.

Let me know if ya need a hand when ya do it.

Find the center mark it and put a small nail or screw in it attach a piece of string to the center point take a pencil and tie it to the string at 1/2 the distance you want the circle to be if you want a 8" circle the string shold be 4" total length now secure the board with a clamp so it is not in your way and just go around w/ the pencil using the screw as a trammel point keeping slight tension and draw your circle you can then slowly cut it out w/ a jigsaw.The best way to do it is w/ a router w/ a optional circle cutter or if you have something the size you want you can use it as a template w/ the router.This is my bare bones spinner w/o getting all fancy.I don't spin alot of plugs at once so this is fine 4 at a time.BBQ rotisserie a couple pcs. of wood, screws, and a couple alligator clips I also put sm. spring clamps over after the plug is on just in case.One styrofoam wheel for teasaers to dry hot glued to the shaft and the other just clamped for different size plugs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0561.jpg   100_0562.jpg  

100_0563.jpg   100_0565.jpg  

Cranky Old Bassturd.

Thumbs up bro

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    Find the center mark it and put a small nail or screw in it attach a piece of string to the center point take a pencil and tie it to the string at 1/2 the distance you want the circle to be if you want a 8" circle the string shold be 4" total length now secure the board with a clamp so it is not in your way and just go around w/ the pencil using the screw as a trammel point keeping slight tension and draw your circle you can then slowly cut it out w/ a jigsaw.The best way to do it is w/ a router w/ a optional circle cutter or if you have something the size you want you can use it as a template w/ the router.This is my bare bones spinner w/o getting all fancy.I don't spin alot of plugs at once so this is fine 4 at a time.BBQ rotisserie a couple pcs. of wood, screws, and a couple alligator clips I also put sm. spring clamps over after the plug is on just in case.One styrofoam wheel for teasaers to dry hot glued to the shaft and the other just clamped for different size plugs.
    that is a sweet setup...nicely done bro

From a BBQ rotisserie? Awesome creative.

Quote Originally Posted by nitestrikes View Post
    From a BBQ rotisserie? Awesome creative.
    yes i do say so i am one who makes things from scrach.. but thats cool great job stix

Wink dark

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Like I said on the phone, I would make a circle in pencil, drill around the circumference with small drill bits, then use a jigsaw to finish the cuts. Sand everything with a dremel or drum sander attachment at the end of your drill.

I would definitely go for the 10", gives ya more flexibility.

Let me know if ya need a hand when ya do it.
    thanks bro