Thread: DUI must be explained in their language.

Default DUI must be explained in their language.

I guess all the cops have to learn all the languages of the world otherwise the drunks will be released.

Court rules New Jersey cops must advise drivers of DUI consequences in a language they understand

Police in New Jersey must explain the state's implied consent law to motorists in a language that they understand.
    The state Supreme Court on Monday overturned a conviction for refusing to take an alcohol breath test because the man, who spoke only Spanish, did not understand the consequences.
    The court says a Plainfield police officer failed to inform German Marquez in Spanish that he would lose his license if he refused the test.

Police had responded to a two-car accident in 2007. The officer initially asked in English for Marquez to show his license. The officer then repeated the request in Spanish.
    He said he didn't understand what police were reading to him and that he had taken his driver's license exam in Spanish.

That's pure ********. Following that logic, we should give drivers license tests in Polish, Armenian, Yugoslavian, Italian, German, Russian, etc. Why don't we? Because they cater to the Hispanic population in this country, the ones who are too lazy to learn the language. If you can't learn the language then go the F home!

what he said. I am sick of this stuff as well.....

Default Enough

In my opinion, if you break a law, you suffer the consequences, no matter what language you are speaking. I think the people on the Supreme Court should suffer the consequences also, just for reading into law. Where has common sense gone?

Welcome to America I guess the moral of this story is learn Spanish or another language and get off on anything I guess a DUI was simple but what if he killed someone because he speaks spanish he don't understand that either and gets off.This country is in the crapper and their is no turning back as long as we have a govt. thats the first step get rid of all of those idiots and make our own decisions one person in charge and the legal documented people are the decision makers.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Total BS. If they don't like our rules and laws let them go back to where ever the hell they came from.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Amen.