Thread: Favorite Leader material brand

Default Favorite Leader material brand

What is your favorite brand for the material you use for leaders?

I use Cabelas fluorocarbon leader and haven't had any issues w/ it.Seaguar makes it for them but Cabelas brand is somewhat cheaper.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

What surfstix said, I also get my fluoro leader online from cabelas. I have used seaguar as a secondary brand when buying at a marina or tackle shop. I feel it makes a difference when fishing for striped bass in the daytime. In a bunker frenzy, maybe not. However, definitely when chunking I have seen better results with flouro.

Quote Originally Posted by captnemo View Post
    What surfstix said, I also get my fluoro leader online from cabelas. I have used seaguar as a secondary brand when buying at a marina or tackle shop. I feel it makes a difference when fishing for striped bass in the daytime. In a bunker frenzy, maybe not. However, definitely when chunking I have seen better results with flouro.
    You see any difference between the two/ (softness, etc.?)
    cabelas vs Seaguar
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Default cabelas vs seguar

Personally I don't see much difference between the 2. Just my opinion.

I don't see much difference between the two and as mentioned above if the water is not clear and clean it probably doesn't matter but why buy two leader materials I just get the fluoro even though it costs more.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Default Leader Material

I tried Fluoro a while back and for some reason, it and me just didn't get along. I don't really use a leader material, but use regular Ande clear line in 40/60/80 lb. test at different times of the year. Although I use those as leaders, I mainly stick with a 30 lb. low vis green mono line as my regular leader.

a guy I work with gave me a spool of seaguar 50 flouro,it is good but, I have not noticed any diff from what I have been using.
    I normally use 80lb big game which I got from a guy at my local B&T that was dumping his line from his tuna rig,I took it and have been using it for about 5 years now.got a lot of it.
    I also have on hand sea-striker clear mono in 50 and 60lb when needed,have lots of leaders pre made and in my leader wallet courtesy of Monty.

R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

Yo-Zuri

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I was using Momoi clear mono. It was about $8 for 300 yards or so. I ran out earlier this year and found out that they now only offer clear in huge bulk spools. Great line tied nice clean knots without any kinking.

Switched back to Berkeley big game which is what I used before.

Also got a good deal on 40lb seaguar don't see the big hype about Fluoro. I only use it for my light tackle 20lb situations.