Thread: The Jimmy Fund walk to beat cancer

Hybrid View

Way to go, guy.

Thanks brother. I finished this week's training at 33 miles. That does not include walking 9 holes of golf carrying my bag. Maybe I shoulda worn my korkers too although the course might have frowned upon those spikes

Taking today off to rest the bones. Back at it tomorrow

4 more weeks 'til THE day...
    Enjoy the Journey

Keep up the great work, John. Feel free to let us know any time you want to come down to NJ for some fishin, you're always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Keep up the great work, John. Feel free to let us know any time you want to come down to NJ for some fishin, you're always welcome.
    Thanks. Let me know when the stripers are hitting hard from the shore this fall. I want to come down there and meet you and Kim and do some hard fishing and I'll try to drag Gunny and a couple of the other guys with me
    Enjoy the Journey

UPDATE

With 2 weeks to go 'til THE day I am having some reservations on my ability to walk the whole marathon. My training hit a "bump" when I attempted a 12 mile'r and I developed some blisters and had trouble walking for a few days. Got back into my training but had to scale it back a bit. I still have my goal to complete the whole walk...no matter what...but I think this may be a little tougher than I thought

To date I have been able to raise almost $1,000 and need another $1,500 to reach my goal of $2,500

Tight Lines
    John
    Enjoy the Journey

It's good to push, John, I do it in my life all the time. But I'm thinkin you might not want to be so critical of yourself. Blisters are a problem in the heat and humidity. There are a few things you might consider to minimize chafing and blisters...

1. Bring extra socks to change out when your feet sweat, not much trouble to carry in a small grocery bag, or tied to your belt.

2. Maybe some kind of medicated foot powder for when you do change socks, as an extra level of protection. You could put in a plastic bag. Label it "foot powder" in case inquiring minds want to know what you're doing with a bag of white powder in your pocket.

You should have a better idea this week if you can handle it. Even though it's only 2 weeks away, I believe you can do it. Just watch the blisters and chafed skin because it'll set ya back.

There are a lot of us rooting for ya, man!
    Like they say,
    "You can Do it!!!!"

Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    There are a lot of us rooting for ya, man!
    Like they say,
    "You can Do it!!!!"

Keep up the good work!

Tony Little's rootin for ya too.

So is Chumbawumba!

Quote Originally Posted by Doublerunner View Post
    Maybe I shoulda worn my korkers too although the course might have frowned upon those spikes

Now THAT would be hardcore!
    Good luck.