Thread: Dead stuff found while fishing (beware gross picture)

Hybrid View

I'll never understand how people can waste a fish like that. Hey if you want to eat it, that's fine, but throwing away a big breeder because you didn't think about how you were going to ice it down is awesomely selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    I'll never understand how people can waste a fish like that. Hey if you want to eat it, that's fine, but throwing away a big breeder because you didn't think about how you were going to ice it down is awesomely selfish.
    Its really unthinkable what some people do, did not see any dead bass today (first time after the 3 straight weeks). Was wading out ocean side around 2:00 AM and noticed a bunker between my legs. I moved 10 feet and it pretty much followed me. Would not leave me for 15 minutes. Finally I reached down and grabbed it. It was dead, with hook and line that wrapped my wader foot.
    Story has nothing to do with thread, except the bunker was dead.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Default dead bunker

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    It was dead, with hook and line that wrapped my wader foot.
    Story has nothing to do with thread, except the bunker was dead.
    Sorry Monty, no offense intended. Your post put the line from pulp fiction in my head.

Zeds dead.
    Awesome scene.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Sorry Monty, no offense intended. Your post put the line from pulp fiction in my head.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

The gill netters and bunker netters do that too. I have seen a line of dead bass up to a mile long, bass 15-25 lbs, all floating dead, after the bunker boats come through. I think there is a thread called 4 miles of dead bass on this site as well. Like you, it makes me sick to see it.

Default dead bass

Some pics I took in the middle of june. It's hard to tell because of the decomposition but the bass had a huge gut, maybe about 25lbs or better. Laying on the beach a week after a bunker snagging orgy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic73.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	11705

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic72.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	11706

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    What he said, the waste of fish is shameful.