Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead stuff found while fishing (beware gross picture)

Nice going blazin! What the heck to you think that thing is? Oyster cracker? How big was it.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Nice going blazin! What the heck to you think that thing is? Oyster cracker? How big was it.
    Thanks! I was siked to find something other than a dead blue....It was a blowfish...for sure..The teeth gave it away for me..Also i was getting some funny bite offs on my GULP which were definitely blowfish teeth marks..

Here's another part of that- hundreds of dead turtles
    http://www.myfoxny.com/story/2919792...-turtle-deaths

Not a thing on the fishing front today...But i scored on the dead things!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150602_174546.jpg  

found a Head less box turtle today ....with all the rain ...every storm drain in the tri-state area must be clean ....the beach loaded with small plastic stuff . Must of been a million bottle caps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20150603_125106526.jpg  

Nice job guys!!

Found some stuff!! Who ever asked for the drum here ya go...Found last night..Looks like there was a bite taken out of it....Found the fluke and skate on Sunday...That little fluke was crispy like a potato chip
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150607_110357.jpg   20150607_110406.jpg  

20150610_200930.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Found some stuff!! Who ever asked for the drum here ya go...Found last night..Looks like there was a bite taken out of it....Found the fluke and skate on Sunday...That little fluke was crispy like a potato chip
    Nice!! I was asking about the drum.
    I have been in a Stripes and dead thing slump recently.
    Very good 2015 find
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Nice job blazin! That drum looks big - how large would you say it was?

Quote Originally Posted by hookedonbass View Post
    Nice job blazin! That drum looks big - how large would you say it was?
    Thanks guys!...Im not real sure but id say it was in the 60# range

Slim pickings out on the island this AM

I fished yesterday and tried 4 different beaches. 2 on the ocean 2 on the bay. They were all clean and didn't even have that much trash on them let alone dead things. Maybe that means a lot of folks aren't fishing? Nice pics guys keep em coming!

Not my find. This was on the news. They found it in wildwood and said it probably got chomped by a sand tiger shark. I surf out there sometimes and you try not to think about all the sharks that are out there.
    "
    Bob Schoelkopf, the founding director of the Marine Mammal Stranding Center in Brigantine, New Jersey, told NBC10 the Center has been unable to investigate because no one has told them what was done with the dolphin?s body.
    Based on the photo, Schoelkopf said the dolphin was likely killed by a sand tiger shark -- described as a relatively placid and slow-moving shark with no confirmed human fatalities."

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dead-Dolphin.jpg  

That's ok I got some great shots lines up for this year. I will take the trophy or am willing to co share with jb and blazing.

I found a bunch of stuff last night and will post soon. I am thinking we are in the same area and should share intel. I agree 100% with you blazin. We have to put these uppity grey poupon new yorkers in their place. NJ ROCKS for dead things. We are the dead thing capital of the east coast it's time to represent!

Soooooooo- what happened to all those dead things you supposably found? It's been a month dude where are they? Sound of silence? I thought you were the king of the dead things.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Sound of silence? I thought you were the king of the dead things.
    Careful, you may pop Storminsteves bubble. He thinks he is king of dead things (sometimes we let him think that, then squash him like a bug)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bug1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	19428

Man you guys suck! Heres what happened. I had 32 pics each one of them a different fish. Mostly blues but some stripers, sea robins dogfish and skates. It was the mother lode consisting of walks at 2 very popular beaches! Miles of dead fish. Then I dropped my cell phone in the water and lost every one. I am so mad at myself!
    No worries I have some more I will be posting soon. This time I am going to download to a computer each time. By the end of the summer I will be on top again. Monty that comment was uncalled for. Prepare to eat my dust man! It's not easy being the king everyone wants to drag you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin420 View Post
    Nice job on that drum blazin! I think you're the only one who will give me any competition this year. Good work! Do you think a big shark or bluefish took a bite out of it? Looks like the round mouth impression of a nice sized creature in the belly area.

Default Dead stuff found while fishing (beware gross picture)

Apparently a dead thresher washed up in Belmar last wednesday.
    http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf...hats_rare.html

Monty that comment was uncalled for. Prepare to eat my dust man! It's not easy being the king everyone wants to drag you down.
    I thought I was looking out for you.
    Sorry to hear about your phone, that sucks.

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast