Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The things you love most about spring fishing

Default The things you love most about spring fishing

One of the greatest things for me is getting up in the dark, all is quiet. Driving down to the spot, I know it won't be crowded b/c a lot of guys don't fish until they are dragging in fish all over the place. I like to think a lot when I am fishing, get my best thinking done when fishing by myself.

I also like being near the water in the pre-dawn hours, and watching the sun rise. Never gets old for me, I appreciate it every time I see it.

I like the peace and quiet. Not many people are on the beach. It is a good time.

When the bunker are accessible, from shore or boat. Nothing like being in the middle of the schools. The adrenaline rush is unforgettable.

"Not many people on the beach" - good thing any time of year.

I like the quiet, lack of crowds. Never get that too much once summer comes around.

Sunrise and sunsets, and the chance to sit down and have a beer or two without people bothering you.

I like sometimes when we light a fire to warm up near the water. Reminds me of the boy scout camps when I was younger. Great times.

Hi Guys!
    The thing I love most is the rod in my hand.

So, Katie, haven't seen you around. Did you just join? Other than the fact you like holding the rod, we really don't know much about you. Why not tell us a little more about yourself? C'mon, we won't bite.

Striper, I don't think I have to worry about you biting. I think you need to worry about my action with the rod. My delicate touch that catches the fish.

pinhead44 Guest

Wow, Katie sounds like a live one, welcome to the site Katie.

I like the fact that many people won't go out till they hear great reports, so you have some beaches to yourself till the end of April.

To me, it signals a rebirth every year. The chance to get all the boxes and crates together, clean them out, organize, and set up for the season. The first trip of the season is kinda special, almost a ritual. Got my favorite place where I stop for coffee, buttered roll, bait, bs with the guys, and favorite early season haunts. Makes me feel alive.

I love not seeing one guy with five rods and a cooler of beer crossing all the lines of the dudes next to him

Quote Originally Posted by fish_off View Post
    I love not seeing one guy with five rods and a cooler of beer crossing all the lines of the dudes next to him
    \

That's why you gotta keep a line clipper handy. When all those lines cross everybody else's, it's like the guy doesn't even care. Good to help a buddy out, clip clip, as you hand him back the ones that got crossed. I try to talk to the guy first, maybe he's a newbie, just doesn't have a clue. So I try the advice thing. It happens 2 or 3 times more, the lines might get "snagged" when you are handing them back to him.

The lack of crowds does it for me. Forecast says storms, everyone stays home. Fish don't know when it's raining.

The smell of the ocean, sunrises, sunsets and the bass hitting my line.

I like getting the winter cobwebs shook out. also like the elbow room, but that seems to diminish every year. I never get tired of the sunrise or sunset. It is good to see the birds that have migrated back (maybe not the Piping Plovers) just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by stripermania View Post
    The smell of the ocean, sunrises, sunsets and the bass hitting my line.
    The smell of the ocean... It doesn't get any better than that, with or without the bass.

Quote Originally Posted by fishlipper View Post
    That's why you gotta keep a line clipper handy. When all those lines cross everybody else's, it's like the guy doesn't even care. Good to help a buddy out, clip clip, as you hand him back the ones that got crossed. I try to talk to the guy first, maybe he's a newbie, just doesn't have a clue. So I try the advice thing. It happens 2 or 3 times more, the lines might get "snagged" when you are handing them back to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinner View Post
    The lack of crowds does it for me. Forecast says storms, everyone stays home. Fish don't know when it's raining.
    This is me, I will give someone a chance once, then it's time for them to learn by getting the lines cut. I also like the fact that less googs are out when it's cold.

rod in hand out fishing and no snow ice with promise of better fishing to come tite lines and good fishin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast