Thread: Beginners - Let's talk about the T&W essentials

Threaded View

Fished the RB Fri morning, last 2 hours of flood, first 2 of ebb.

Perfect conditions, water was like a lake.

2 short bass, 3 blues.
    Bass on T&W.
    Blues trolling small diving swimmer.

I know the area I was fishing, so I was confident I would catch a fish or 2.
    The most disturbing thing to me was all the shoreline I trolled that was "dead water", with only small pockets of bait and snappers here and there.

Previously productive areas of structure were a vast wasteland of warm water and an all-encompassing algae bloom.

No action in shore area except for small hits on the T&W, nothing on different swimmers.

All the fish I got were concentrated in one area of structure, minimum of 15-20' of water. They were only there for the top of the tide. By 7:30am the action was completely done.

Pedalled back through green scum algae. It was prevalent through at least the top foot of the water column.

I felt like I was fishing in a toilet.

The waters of LI Sound have really spoiled me.
    Also, I knew weakfish, kingfish, bass and other creatures were packed into JBay, and was wistfully looking over there across as I dealt with the scum-saturated water where I was.

(the bite in Jbay did slow down that day, but lucky Eli, the human fishfinder, fishing a live eel in deep water, hooked into a 6' dusky shark he fought for a 1/2 hour. Fantastic fight, bro, wish I was there with you guys.

Calm pre-dawn launch
    Attachment 14068

The water was so calm you could see the mirror reflection of the T&W in the water.
    Attachment 14066

Sunrise on the water

Attachment 14067

Bass aggressive on the Finchaser T&W. The bass action only lasted for 15 minutes.

Attachment 14065

This was the scum that was in the water along the shoreline. Hopefully the storms will break up some of this organic growth. It's nasty.

Attachment 14064
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP2943.JPG   IMGP2934.JPG  

IMGP2936.JPG   IMGP2939.JPG  

IMGP2933.JPG