Thread: offshore trip

Default offshore trip

I want to do some offshore fishing before the season ends. I have some extra dollars to spend what type of set up should I get and what line would you recommend? Thanks for help guys. Dark you have a great site here, keep up the good work.

I'm not trying to say what you should do, but depending on your experience you might want to consider getting on a charter and splitting the cost with your buds. Penn 30s are good for the 35 to 47" school tuna that are around now, you can even use a spinner, but you'll pay more for a higher end one that can take punishment.

What I'm suggesting is that you take the trip, and see what they're using on the charter.

On a party boat you will see more of the "workhorse" reels because they are abused by the customers. For me, if I had 5-800 extra to spend right now I would get a stella or a ZB.
    Hope that helps, good luck. (and get out there, by us they're getting into tuna 50 m S of the inlet. 0

Default avet pro 30ExW30/3

Take a look at the Avet Pro 30ExW30/2, or the Shimano TLD 30 or 50. I've fished them on my buddy's boat, they can handle a wide range of tuna except for giants.