Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports for September 2010

Default NJ fishing reports for September 2010

NJ fishing reports for September 2010
    Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING! Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED!
    Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
    OutFront (Ocean) OR -- OutBack (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. If you do this, your post may be edited, or deleted. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time!

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:

If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish here today?

If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
    More discussion on this:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.Even if you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well.

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free.

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
    NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
    SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
    IBSP - Island Beach State Park
    LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
    AI - Absecon Inlet
    CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
    CMC - Cape May County
    CMR - Cape May Rips
    GEI - Great Egg Inlet
    TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
    BB - Barnegat Bay
    CB - Chesapeake Bay
    CBBT - Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
    DB - Delaware Bay

Buckethead...

you won the plug in the August random drawing!
    PM me your address so I can send it out to ya!

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.

If you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well. Anyone who posts a report can win a plug even if they got skunked!

This month we're giving out plugs from Ace Baits, or something similar.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...splay.php?f=83

Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site!

Fished the rocks again in moco this morning, one micro bass 20" on the teaser. Surf was big, I had to use a a27 in back of the teaser.

Red face

fished sh this morning 7 till 1130 .got 4 small fluke 3 sea robbons and 2 nice snapper blues, that i just had for lunch.lots of small bait jumping all over.water was calm but dirty.

Default Fishing in front of the storm surge

Fished last night in the yak trying to get a jump on the forecast bad weather conditions. Got 4 bass 24-26" on the T&W before it got dark, then spent a few hours playing with slab porgies to 14".

Same drill again this morning. Slept in the yak on the beach. Up at 6, long paddle, first bass by 8AM, 30" on T&W, released. Rounded out the morning with an 8#bluefish and a 27" bass, plus some more slab porgies I managed to find, and a few short ones.

The weather really did not turn out as bad as they forecast for the bay area I fished. I could have stayed there for another night but had things to do. The T&W is becoming very addictive thing for me. It magically draws bass to it, even when it appears there are none around.

Full report in the kayak fishin reports thread.

Good job Dark. Maybe we will have to slap your extra yak on the roof of my truck after all.

Sounds like alot of fun. Nice porgies. I will get a yak one day. I've been say that for a few years now.

Fished a bridge for the first of the outgoing this morning before sunrise. 1 schoolie bass on a storm shad.

Took my little guy on Saturday down to MOCO. He loves horse so I stopped by Monmouth Park and stayed for a couple races. Bet $4 on the first one and then $8 on the next race. We picked 12-1 and sure enough we hit a nice $64.80 exacta. It was a lot of fun and the little guy got to see the horses he loves so much.

Then we decided to look out back for some fishing. Found these two little guys fishing with their mom trying to catch snappers with a 7/0 hook and big marshmallow size squid balls. They were there for a while and not catching at all.
    We assisted them by downsizing their hook and cutting the squd strips to 3 inch or so to match the spearing that were abundant. They started getting bites almost instaneously and caught one right away.

I said good luck and we moved down a bit. We were offered some fresh spearing by some other fishermen that were there. We used them and caught a bunch of snappers.

I noticed the initial kids were leaving and the mom said thanks and that they caught a couple each. Felt really good helping them out. They were all happy.

Another great day in MOCO. Didn't see any big fish. Was going to go out front but the wind was blowing hard and I was with my 4 yr old. He really had a great day and so did I.

Awesome report C4

I had the great pleasure of meeting and fishing with Monty today. We fished NOMOCO. He intoduced to a different type of fishing today that I have not done yet. Fishing rubber Hogy's. Not very hard. He had a couple of bumps but did not hook up. Went to another spot and finished out the day. Fished the entire incoming and the start of the outgoing.. Water was very clean and definitley looked like it was going to be a productive day. All I caught was one 17 1/2" fluke that hit a rubber shad like a truck. Monty hooked up with a small blue and had some hits on rubber also. Fished from about 1:30am until 8:00. I feel that the water is still way too warm. JMO. Looking forward to meeting some more of you guys in the future. Thanks again Monty

i feel the same rip the water is still warm but who knows all we need is some bait to school up it could happen

Thanx for the report rip!
    Cant wait to get out,
    yes, i think the water needs to cool off a little bit. as we know below 60 is good the best is below 55!

I took Pebbles for a quick yak trip today before all the Holiday boaters and fishermen would be out there. It was a little too sunny and I think some extra traffic put the fish off the bite.

She still managed 3 bass on the T&W, on one of Finchaser's tubes. Full report in the kayak fishing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    He intoduced to a different type of fishing today that I have not done yet. Fishing rubber Hogy's....Fished the entire incoming and the start of the outgoing.. All I caught was one 17 1/2" fluke that hit a rubber shad like a truck. Monty hooked up with a small blue and had some hits on rubber also. Fished from about 1:30am until 8:00. I feel that the water is still way too warm. JMO. Looking forward to meeting some more of you guys in the future. Thanks again Monty
    Monty won't give up, he's tenacious when fishin.
    If you guys couldn't find fish in that area, that could be because they aren't thick yet. Fishing on the LI shores is pretty consistent now, but only started shaping up in the last 2 weeks as far as surf fishing goes. I'm hoping that the same things start happening here soon. As you guys hypothesized, it's all about the water temps.

Or, if you find extreme concentrations of mullet or peanuts, the fish should be there as well.

Rich, you kicking ***! I mean Bass!
    Same Place????

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I
    She still managed 3 bass on the T&W, on one of Finchaser's tubes. Full report in the kayak fishing thread.
    [/COLOR][/B]

Lenny, it's a paradise, as far as I'm concerned one of the best kayak fishin areas in the tri-state right now.

It's not that easy though. The only people catching bass consistently there now are the kayakers with the T&W, a few fly fishermen using very small presentations, guys in boats who are lucky enough to find bass and blues crashing adult bunker, or the boats that go out at night and chunk them with the blues in 60' of water. But if you talk to some of the shore fishermen you would swear that not many bass were around.

And, although I like the action, after awhile you get bored with small bass when you know the bigger ones are there. The only thing is... the bigger ones, especially for a day bite, are in areas that are more isolated. That means ya gotta paddle out to where they are, and as I said, sometimes the locations change from rockpile to rockpile.

The concentrations of bait out there at night are amazing. Last week I was all by myself near a bunch of rocks. Ever see that video where the Asian carp jump out of the water? Well the other night the spearing were jumping out of the water by the hundreds every time I shined my headlamp on them. It was amazing, I wish I could have taken a video to show you guys.

Rip, I had a great tme. Good talking fishing with you and the water on both areas looked great. Was a fun morning.

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    I had the great pleasure of meeting and fishing with Monty today. We fished NOMOCO. He intoduced to a different type of fishing today that I have not done yet. Fishing rubber Hogy's. Not very hard. He had a couple of bumps but did not hook up. Went to another spot and finished out the day. Fished the entire incoming and the start of the outgoing.. Water was very clean and definitley looked like it was going to be a productive day. All I caught was one 17 1/2" fluke that hit a rubber shad like a truck. Monty hooked up with a small blue and had some hits on rubber also. Fished from about 1:30am until 8:00. I feel that the water is still way too warm. JMO. Looking forward to meeting some more of you guys in the future. Thanks again Monty
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Rich, maybe this weekend we could go there. i'd love to try it.
    Guys fishing out front in NOMOCO on kayaks, they catching blues, the sand eels are out there.
    gonna try to go out front this week or weekend.

The bass are there too for kayakers and some NJ surf guys and Dirty Water Anglers, but not in any great numbers or consistency yet like they have been in LI.

I'm actually more interested in the big blues that some NJ yakkkers have been hitting 1/2 mile offshore. To me they're worthy adversaries because they're ready to fight to the death, and then some. Last year I was catching those monsters in the back consistently by Aug, this year it's hit and miss.

Ya got my number bro, give me some notice ahead of time when ya wanna hit it up.

ok Rich!
    i'll keep checking the wind and stuff. let u know when im going!
    last year i was out front with my yak even in december!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast