Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: NJ fishing reports for September 2010

Water looked good tonight... tons of white water for the incoming but only managed one. Started in MoCo then moved and got her in SFZ. She feel for a new teaser I rigged up.

Next stop Montauk. We'll be out there next week. If ya see a guy with a GoPro cam on his head filming I'll be the one next to him.. Say hello!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 Sept 29th Sea Girt 003 small.jpg   2010 Sept 29th Sea Girt 001 small.jpg  

Nice fish Yukon.

Congrats to all who got out before the storm developed, looks like ya's were able to take advantage of that window. WTG.
    I think that window might now be closed for the next 48 hrs.

One small bass on rubber, first hour of outgoing last night. In the back.

Default nice catches

Nice catches guys! Yukon was that sand eel something you can buy, and then you attached to a jighead, or is it just on the hook, it's hard to tell. And if you don't mind me asking who makes them and do they sell them to the public? How long are they?

hey yukon,
    I'm heading up to Montauk too, I'll be up there next saturday or sunday for 2 days!

Went fishing last night from 10:30 until 3:30am. At my third stop, I got a nice bite on my magnum crystal minnow. I hooked a personal best stargazer. Once out of the water, it is amazing how they borrow down so quickly. Good thing another wave came in to loosen up the sand because the fish wouldn't budge no matter how hard I pulled. Here's the ugly mugshot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stargazer1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	12143Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stargazer2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	12144

Proceed to the back after 1am where there was a flurry of activity. Too bad, they were all snappers. After i could not get anything big to bite, I downsized to a small bucktail and caught some snappers. Not sure why I kept trying to target them with a 9ft surf rod. Nothing else was biting. Tons of bait around as usual, not many predators (other than snappers)

Best part of the night was about 3am when the fog rolled in from the ocean. Felt like I was inside of a painting with all of the blurred lights and everything else. Surprised that the rain held off all the way until I got back home at 4:30.

Quote Originally Posted by c4charlie View Post
    Best part of the night was about 3am when the fog rolled in from the ocean. Felt like I was inside of a painting with all of the blurred lights and everything else.
    Cool!
    Hey c4charlie, they say if you kiss a stargazer on the head it brings you big luck and big bass. Try planting a kiss on it next time.

I fished OC from 11-1 today. The surf was rough but you could fish it in places. I opted for heavy diamond jigs, and managed 7 bluefish. The sizes varied, for example one was 9lbs, and one was about 9". The rest were in between. The winds were making it uncomfortable so I called it a day. It will take a day or so to clean the water up. I drove by an inlet on my way home and the water looked pretty dirty there.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Nice catches guys! Yukon was that sand eel something you can buy, and then you attached to a jighead, or is it just on the hook, it's hard to tell. And if you don't mind me asking who makes them and do they sell them to the public? How long are they?
    Hey Cowherder, Yes you can pick it up at most shops. The brand name they go by is FELMLEE EELS. I pick up the 5 in long version. They also come in a smaller size but stay with the 5 in. There sold loose then I hook them onto a 3/0 or 4/0 hook. You can also put them on a jig head but I only use them for teasers so mine are not weighted. I pick em up at Fisherman's Supply in PT. Ask for Ronnie and tell him what your looking to do and he'll tell ya everything ya need to know. I also put some glue at the head and the base where the hook comes out. For these I used Epoxy since I was loading up some redfins at the time.

In the back 4 to 5:30 pm 2 blues and a shadall on lead head and rubber tail Water is brown Ocean unfishable

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678