Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports for September 2010

Fished the park today, a few small blues and one short bass around sunrise. Diamond jig with teaser. Happy Labor Day to all the folks here and their families.

Moco right before dark, 2 short bass on a SS needle. I was snagging some sandeels, they're here. Happy labor day to you too clamchucker and others.

Tnx Clamchucker. You too bro.

Fished nomoco from 6-7, nothing doing. Was using rubber shads, bombers, and bucktails. One sea robin on the bucktail.

Next time I go fishing I will be using eels or clams. Seems to me that plugging has not been working that much lately.

this am 5:30 to 7:30 4 bass to 29" no bait involved

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

And you didn't invite me. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. LOL

Wow great catches guys. I threw metal before dark for a few small blues at an inlet. What were you using finchaser if you don't mind my asking?

nice catch finchaser, thanx for the report!

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    I knew youd be out and into fish when i felt that NW howling

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    I knew youd be out and into fish when i felt that NW howling

I think the saying goes something like.....
    NW is best, eff all the rest!
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...est+wind+wally

His first appearance fishing from land in 2 months, and Fin finds the bass! Way to the youngbloods, OGB in da house.

Between Yukon and I caught we caught five species of fish last night.
    I got 3 stripers, 1 short fluke and 1 small bluefish. It was my first time out this season.

Stripers went for small Yozuri, little Rebel and I was really happy when I got one on an RM Sandeel. It was a bit difficult to fish the smaller lures with the sweep but if you get them to dig a bit right away, they stay in the zone.

I am not going to tell you how many bites i got and on and off fish because I do not want to embarrass myself.

Stripers were 20-22" or so. They were just lipping or barely hitting all of the small lures I cast. Action was less as the tide dropped.

Last night on the incoming, a lot of spike weaks on metal and rubber jigs, and a few small blues, in front.

Fished a few places in OC this morning. There were bluefish at sunrise, then I managed an albie about 6lbs. All on metal.

This AM 5:30 to 7:30 a small bass and 11 bluefish all on metal

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Wow you guys are really hitting them hard! Congrats!

Went to the back bay used some bombers and then tried to switch it up with metals. Still got nothing.

Out front last night at 8pm, caught a bass on a bucktail, OC.

Default 2 day report

Went with G yesterday to find and mug Finchaser. The nite bite was not that productive, so far it's shaping up better as a dawn and morning bite. Anyway, we looked for any Grouchy Basstards on the beach, and kept moving along till we found the original OGB himself.

We set up and started fishin the surf on the flood tide. He and G each dropped a fish, and that was it. Since we felt the fish were scattered, we moved on. We continued to try different small presentations, and found encouraging amounts of bait, mostly loads of spearing, and some mullet. But it was not to be.

Finchaser wisely called it a night. Sometimes even the sharpies don't catch fish. They also know when it ain't happening.

G and I however, let ego get in the way. We didn't want to go home with the taste of and hit a few more places. On the 2nd to last stop, I had a small fish blow up on the magdarter. We left anyway because fish were small and scattered. Spearing were there by the thousands, offering an easy meal for any fish.

At the last stop, we each had a few hits but no real hookups. G had a few surface blowups on the small presentations he was throwing, mine were on rubber. Fin, G, and I had each used some nice teasers during the night, nothing on them either.

We stayed too long at that spot, playing around with small and scattered fish. (A big change from last fall when 10-15# bluefish and some teen bass were available almost every night in the back bay areas. ) Hey, that's fishin!

Today:
    Met early AM with a friend to do some kayak fishin in Dirty Water. Managed 4 small bass to 22" in windy conditions, full report in the Dirty Water Anglers thread.

A few small bass in Moco this morning, bomber with teaser.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast