Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports for September 2010

Default hickory shad bonanza

Fished the park today, lots of hickory shad and cocktail bluefish, teaser and metal. And Lenny, I saw those albies, they were about 1000' out, sure wish they would have come in closer.

Overslept this morning
    Fished out front 6:30-8:30, strong current to the south.
    One Bass around 32 inches on SS Popper, quick pic and released. Water looked great, had fun.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_9_26_SBb.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	12122

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_9_26_SR.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	12123
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

nice pic monty . I also out this morning wind blowing ne 10-15 one 26' striper on ava 17 with tail.

Nice fish and what a beautiful pic Monty. You did not do so bad for getting up late.

Nice pics and reports guys. I think you all did better with bass than 90% of the guys out there today. Even some boat guys I talked to got blanked, seems today was tough all over. WTG.
    Awesome sunrise in the surf pic, Monty.

I fished the Dirty Water this AM, got one bass, one bluefish, report in the Dirty Water Anglers thread.

Rough seas tonight, one runt bass on a darter.
    Nice fish Monty.

The seas were angry last night. Nothing like a 25-30kt straight east wind in your face with a North/South sweep to make you really feel alive with rain/saltwater spray. The ocean was cutting the beaches ever so efficiently with that strong sweep. Spots that were relatively flat now have a very nice step down in certain areas. The wind changed to NE as the night progressed. It was definitely fishable, the sweep was just a bit difficult to deal with but there were definitely spots that the sweep was not an issue as we found later in the night. Too bad the tide was dropping down quick by the time.

It was good time last night but no fish to report.

Big Thanks to Darkskies for some great advice on a potential kayak purchase. Decided to hold out for something better. I am really hoping to have one by springtime!

Fished the park yesterday, all the small blues and hickory shad you could want, ava and teaser. There are some sandeels in the wash and a lot of them past the bar, folks.
    This morning I tried again in the rain but it was difficult. Fishing should turn around again when this current system winds down. Nice bass Monty.

Thanks, that bass broke a bit of a slump for me, as Surfwalker would say, it was good to see stripes.

I always need to take pics of the sun rises, they never get old.

Quote Originally Posted by striperhunter View Post
    nice pic monty . I also out this morning wind blowing ne 10-15 one 26' striper on ava 17 with tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    Nice fish and what a beautiful pic Monty. You did not do so bad for getting up late.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Nice pics and reports guys. I think you all did better with bass than 90% of the guys out there today. Even some boat guys I talked to got blanked, seems today was tough all over. WTG.
    Awesome sunrise in the surf pic, Monty.

I fished the Dirty Water this AM, got one bass, one bluefish, report in the Dirty Water Anglers thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    Rough seas tonight, one runt bass on a darter.
    Nice fish Monty.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

fished last nite 2hrs of incoming MOCO, one hit on bucktail, also saw one short caught.

fished this morning one sm blue s wind . fish yesterday south end isbsp mine friend one 30' on metal s wind and saw one other striper .

Quote Originally Posted by striperhunter View Post
    fished this morning one sm blue s wind . fish yesterday south end isbsp mine friend one 30' on metal s wind and saw one other striper .
    nice bass dude we fished last nite from the concrete it was nasty and wet, threw bunker chunks down at slack had a bite for a haf hour, 3 bass to 27" and one biteoff by bloofish.

Nomoco 5-8am incoming, rough surf. 2 keepers on clams, kept one at 31", threw back the 2nd one about 29".

2 bass one 27 and one 24 both on jig head and tail this afternoon 2-3:30

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Ibsp before sunrise, one bass, one blue, thex with teaser. The surf was big but the swell wasn't that bad. Fishable.

OC 1 bass at first lite on teaser seas as Fishinmission said

Went back tonight 6-10 pm mullet so thick I was snagging them on the teaser 9 of us not a touch

Did someone forget to tell the bass that the bait was on the move. I am seriously concerned as to why things are going the way they are. No big concentration of bluefish and bait with no bass. I am getting concerned. Maybe after this blow and rain tomorrow it will trigger something.

Fished NoMoCo from 3:00 to 5:00pm. tons of bait no fish on them. Moved to SH. I found a school of Peanut getting pushed against the beach. I ended up with 5 Cocktail, and 2 short Bass. Action stopped as soon as it got dark.

Good for you V

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast