Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The things you hate most about spring fishing

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    All the Assh_les come back out, the infamous cell phone brigade
    What I said last year.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

When Pete from Atlantic B&T sends all the guys to the same 3 places
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0000botao 026.jpg  

I hate it when the water temps start to trend up, the small stripers start to bite, and then we get one last bunch of snow DUMPED on us!

Quote Originally Posted by speedy View Post
    the infamous cell phone brigade
    ya got to love that your fishing in a spot doing ok the fish start hitting then some meathead
    that calls his buddy then 15 guy show up and you cant move thats what i hate !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    for me is the :
    Garbage that gets left behind.
    the crowds
    This too!

All these spots will become short lived as the towns will only take so much especially Deal heard most streets will be no parking soon
    You said that 6 years ago, uncanny that it has finally come true to some extent, and some fishermen still did not change their ways. Thank God for that guy Andrew Chambarry and his group.
    https://www.app.com/story/news/local...lan/100374792/

I think we will always have this type of behavior. Folks that do not learn to respect a resource will surely lose that resource.

Quote Originally Posted by ledhead36 View Post
    When Pete from Atlantic B&T sends all the guys to the same 3 places
    Hah! That looked where I was yesterday.

The trash definitely gets to me. Got into a decent body of stripers yesterday. Lost some time because some idiot let about 300 yards of braid strewn along the beachfront. Don't people know that can kill birds and other sea life?

Hate the trash as well. Wish more people would clean up and we could keep our fishing spots.

BUNKER makes everyone a bass fisherman

Is it just bunker per say you are talking about or snag and drop? Because sometimes the stripers only want meat!

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Is it just bunker per say you are talking about or snag and drop? Because sometimes the stripers only want meat!
    Nope I'm saying with out bunker most people couldn't catch a bass. There are so called bass fisherman that only snag and drop then then quit till next year. Because its so easy its wiping them out,many are thrown out after the picture. Lets face it big bass taste like sh-t from feeding on bunker.
    Snag and drop evolved from the bunker explosion with restrictions on reduction boats. Bunker are here almost year round now they never use to arrive in February/March. We use to live line which took skill now its a 10/0 snag that gut hooks most fish. Allot of us still make bait then rehook on a circle hook to avoid mortality because we lived through the moratorium. Most today started in the hay day bass are not like Dorritos you can't make more all the big fish that die took 20 to 25 years to get that big so called trophy's are getting smaller every year.

Snag and drop evolved from the bunker explosion with restrictions on reduction boats. Bunker are here almost year round now they never use to arrive in February/March. We use to live line which took skill now its a 10/0 snag that gut hooks most fish. Allot of us still make bait then rehook on a circle hook to avoid mortality because we lived through the moratorium. Most today started in the hay day bass are not like Dorritos you can't make more all the big fish that die took 20 to 25 years to get that big so called trophy's are getting smaller every year.
    Well said, I agree. Many today have no idea what it was like through the moratorium. To them a 20 pound striper is a cow. They just do not know.

I think 90% of the anglers fishing today don't remember much of the past. When we die it will all be lost.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123