Thread: One dead, one injured, in Sandwich fishing incident early Saturday

Default One dead, one injured, in Sandwich fishing incident early Saturday

Be careful out there folks. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

One dead, one injured, in Sandwich fishing incident early Saturday

09/18/10 · 5:38 am :: posted by CCToday
    Cries heard in Sandwich Creek after midnight

Police examine the body of a Robert Samuelson recovered in the water in Sandwich early Saturday morning. His companion, Gregory McSharr, was rescued following a water incident at the mouth of Sandwich Creek. Below the Coast Guard boat returns to canal base.
    Robert Samuelson, 43, of Plymouth was victim
    S
    andwich Fire Department, Coast Guard, in frantic search

SANDWICH - One fisherman is dead and another has been rescued following a water incident at the mouth of Sandwich Creek. According to emergency broadcast reports, a bystander heard two swimmers screaming for help around 12:20 a.m., Saturday morning, September 18, 2010.
    One of the Plymouth fishermen was wearing waders, and he drowned when he got stuck in the outgoing tide and was swept into Cape Cod Bay at the mouth of Old Harbor Creek early Saturday morning, Sandwich Fire Department officials said.
    Sandwich police identified the fisherman as Robert Samuelson, 43, of Plymouth. The second man, Gregory McSharry, 32, of Carver, was rescued after an hour in the 65-degree water.

The Sandwich Fire Department as well as the Coast Guard launched rescue boats to search for the two men. Around 1 a.m., Sandwich firefighters rescued one of the them and recovered the body of the other.

The rescued man was transported to Jordan Hospital in Plymouth with unknown injuries. The deceased fisherman was brought back to the Sandwich Marina where police examined and photographed the body.

http://www.capecodtoday.com/blogs/in...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

I am very sorry to hear that. Prayers to the family.

You never know when you or someone you are close to wont return from a night of fishing, be careful out there.

I heard the guy's name was Bob. He had an internet name of BS4shore. Really sad tragedy, condolences.

I know some people that used to fish with him. Nice guy, sorry to hear the news.

Default Rip bs4shore

I knew him, though I never met him. Sounds strange, but I have a lot of fishing friendships I made over the internet, and haven't gotten around to fishing with them yet.

Through a series of PMs, I got to know him a bit. He seemed like a nice guy to me, one who loved to fish.

Nothing is guaranteed when you go out there at night. Please think of these guys as you're out there, and be careful. How would your wife, girlfriend or family think if you didn't come back and they had to bury you?

My sincerest condolences to Bob's family and friends. RIP.