Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports for October 2010

This AM 6:30 to 8:30 had 6 blues,1bass all on jig head and rubber way in the back

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Decided to go out last night and do some bait fishing. I had some eels and bunker head. Worked my way all over MOCO. Ended up in Sandy Hook with a 28" bass. Let the guy go for the future fishermen.

^ WTG on your persistence in this sloppy weather, guys.

Fished the back this morning from 5:30-7. The wind was 10-15 E/NE, rain a light drizzle. Not bad. I threw shads, other rubber, bucktails, and finally small plugs resembling the bait profile, with teasers. Mullet started to show around sunrise, but the bait today was nowhere near the amount that showed up yesterday. Water was cloudy and the tide was higher than usual with all the rain.

I couldn't hang around to see if it turned on when the tide changed, had to get to work. Tomorrow's another day.

hey dark u shud of fished clams we killed em last nite got 9 bass in the bay between 4 guys in 2 hours, 2 keepers at 30", clams are king when the northeast blows!

awesome, wish4fish! Good to see bass report from the bay! Thanx

Fished near CMP today, got 2 bass right at sunrise. clams. 25 and 27".

Got to fish with a good friend tonight somewhere East of GSPKY. Hit a couple spots and found bait and fish. I caught 7 bass to 34" and one big bluefish. Had another 3-4 fish on and off and lots of bites. The fish are loving the cooler weather and so am I. My friend got a bunch of bass as well.

Must have been sandeels or rainfish in the area because they like Bombers, Rebels, Mag Darter, Crystal Minnow. The bluefish went for my brand new northbar bottle darter.

Nice fish C4!

10-5- report
    I was a little crabby last night. I had a plan laid out to fish the kayak, got the eels, sandworms for the T&W, the map of the trip all laid out in my head. Then traffic got in the way, and I didn't make it out till it was almost dark. I knew T&W would be not that productive in lower light. To top it off, at the end of the incoming, the NW wind kicked up, about 20 mph. Where was the 9-11 SW they forecast?

So I changed plans, and fished some inlets. I was kinda tired of the smaller schoolies, and wanted to target some quality fish.

First place got blanked. 2nd place jerked around with different presentations for 1/2 hour, not a touch on bucktails, shad, other rubber, diving swimmers, and small top water. Out of desperation I switched over to a fin-s, even though there wasn't much bait around at that time.

2nd cast I was into a nice fish, took some drag, and bent the Finchaser rod in half.

It put up a good fight for a few minutes, my nicest fall fish so far. Got it into shore, it went 37" and about 18#, belly was round and fat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0322.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	12231

Name:	IMGP0323.JPG 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	12232

Name:	IMGP0327.JPG 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	12233

Might have weighed more, I didn't weigh it.
    (post #2 is the weight chart)
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...read.php?t=154

Caught that fish right at the change of the tide to the ebb.

I had to work for all my fish, except later when adult bunker and big mullet came around.

1/2hour later I nailed one 29", also C&R. 1/2 hour after that I got a small one, 24".

In between I was getting chopped by tiny bluefish. That was all the action until later when bigger bluefish came in after the bunker and mullet.

It's nice to see some bigger fish around.

Wow great catches guys! Yesterday I fished nomoco 4-7, 2 short bass on a needlefish.

Great fish Rich!

Great reports guys. I wish I had something to add. Should be getting out again next.

Nice going guys, I will be out tonight to get a few.

awesome catch, Rich.
    bay or out front?

Nice catch, Rich. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

thats a fattie dark, nice bass!
    we were out today clamming and got 3 bass before sunrise only one keeper 28 on the nose, the rest were about 23". dark u cd clam fish with us anytime well save you a spot, lol, but i guess u got yur own spots lol you da man!

Got a keeper tog this morning at Ibsp before the tide change. The tog they are a chewing guys, get them while you can. Hit a few holes on the way out, just a few small bluefish for my efforts. Darkskies, that's a quality fish you pulled out of the water, way to go on the release.

nice fish there dude

Red face

fished sh this morning with clams.got one small striper two sand sharks an 3skates. did;t see any bait or birds working .

fished ibsp this evening 5-8pm, got 2 schoolie size bass on a teaser, also saw birds at least 1/2 mi out working on something.
    saturday I'm fishing @ MTK, I'll give you guys report from there.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffT View Post
    Nice catch, Rich. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

Why thank you very much, bro! Highest honors for the blind squirrel and googan that I am.

10-6 report
    Pebbles and I went out tonight to fish the slack tide and 2 hours of the ebb. We went a little N of where I was yesterday, on a hunch.

15 minutes after the tide changed, the bait (mullet) started blowing up, with small bass and bluefish periodically moving under them. Unfortunately, given the large size of the bait pods, we only managed a few half-hearted hits with our mullet profile presentations.

The best way to catch those fish would be to have netted some mullet and then fished them dead or alive.

I did better with artificials last night when the bait was scattered and sparse. Hey, that's fishin.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast