Thread: NY fishing reports for October 2010

Hybrid View

I fished M yesterday. It was a good afternoon bite, mostly bass, some blues, the fish ranged from 6# to 20# caught on the beach. My biggest for the day was 19lbs, released. They were on rainbait, tins with a bucktail teaser produced well. Also buck and pork brought in a few nicer bass.

Eels at Montauk again today, fish to 27 pounds this time. The number of boats off the point were crazy, so we set up off the north shore and did ok.

Late report fished montauk over the weekend for some epic fishing. There were blitzes right at sunrise, and then it would die down a bit, and then start up again in the afternoon. The amount of fish jumping out of the water was lunacy. The dance of death was spread out over a long stretch of beach and was some of the best fishing I have ever seen. I got mostly bass on bucks, and my biggest went 44 inches, released. Get up there guys it's worth it!

^ I'm getting daily reports from up there, people. Blabbing about great action and bass thumb, sore shoulders, etc. Catch em up, good luck to all.

They don't call it the fishing capital of the world for nothing DS.
    I only had time for a quick trip this morning, fished the ss 5-6am, one runt bass on pork and buck.

I hit the North shore on incoming tide this morning, got 3 monster blues on bunker chunks, one 23" bass.

SS, 4 bass to 30", pork and buck.