Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NY fishing reports for October 2010

Fished near an inlet, 4-7:30, 5 bass to 29", 2 monster blues, threw a ml swimmer and darter.

Last night, SS, blanked again. Time for another trip to mecca.

Take to the boats fellas. We got into a nice mess of bass about 1/2 mi offshore of Tobay this morning. A little too far to cast, but definitely reachable by boat. 3-4 oz jigs did the trick. Good luck.

Default hit it good!

This morning I got 5 bass to 38", and one sick angry gator bluefish. South shore, 2-6am, darter did the trick.

I fished Montauk yesterday. It wasn't that crowded considering it was a sunday. We had some fish around 6 to 9am, mostly bass. Then it got a little better around 3 to 6pm, bass and blues. I got about 12 bass to 30", and at least twice that many blues. The fish were on rainbait, and small tins were the ticket for most of them.

Default M attack

I had a panic attack last night. I felt my chest tighten with all the air around here, and had to breathe some fresh M air. That was the only cure for me.

I got there at 4am, and we had fish from 5 to almost 10. It wasn't steady, but it was still a decent bite anyway. Most fish were smaller sized along with some bluefish. Managed 8 bass, biggest about 13, and a few bluefish. Metal with chartreuse tail.

I fished staten island after work today, we got 5 blues with bunker.

Fished Jones 4-7, threw big swimmers and darters

I hit a sand beach 5 till sunset, one dink bass on a tin.

Drove to mecca, fished hard for a few hours, and only 5 short bass to show for it. Caught on tin with green tail, it was pretty windy.

Fed near an inlet until sunrise, got one 17# bass on an eel. Not a thing on bucktails or tins in the 7 hours I was there.

Spent the weekend on Eastern LI. Loads of small to middling bass; one bigger keeper this morning on a kastmaster. Nice 8-10 minute battle.....it'll have to last the winter, doubt I'll get out again.

^Nice work, it seems the heavy blitzes are dying down. Nice going with the Kastmaster. I also find a small hopkins dressed with a white tail works well too.

Quote Originally Posted by BassBuddah View Post
    ^Nice work, it seems the heavy blitzes are dying down. Nice going with the Kastmaster. I also find a small hopkins dressed with a white tail works well too.
    I seemed to time it right; outgoing tide and first light. Managed to find a 'bowl' where the combination of incoming water and the flush created a washing machine like swirl of current. Had 'em all to myself as the truck jockeys whizzed by chasing birds. Being a foot guy, I have to work the water I can get to. I try to get out early, before the beach is crowded. Just me and a regular Montauk sharpie, a guy I see at night pretty frequently.

As for the kastmaster, the day before it was a chatreuse bucktail w/red pork. That was doing nothing so I decided to go for the bigger profile.

Sounds like an awesome weekend, and a big fish
    Quote Originally Posted by mick2360 View Post
    Spent the weekend on Eastern LI. Loads of small to middling bass; one bigger keeper this morning on a kastmaster. Nice 8-10 minute battle.....it'll have to last the winter, doubt I'll get out again.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Way to catch em up Mick!
    Glad to see ya finally got out there, WTG!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12