Thread: teasers and lures

Default teasers and lures

Does it matter what size lures you use with teasers? I thought they just went along for the ride. I work the lure with the teaser but for some reason I am not getting any hits.

I use teasers most of the time, probably 1/2 the time the thin rubber teaser, the other 1/2 a deceiver. I have caught bass and blues on teasers with pencil poppers, metal lips and metal lures, especially Ava jigs (down deep and slow).
    The teasers are located a good 32" to 36" from the lure. I think more important than the size of the lure is the depth, speed and action of the presentation. This pic below is from last Sunday in all that wind.The teaser was delivered by a 2 oz F14 jig with a rubber tail (similar to an Ava, but a little flat).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_10_3_SB3.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	12256
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

The fall run really hasn't started up yet with any consistency. Last year was my first fall fishing for bass. The teaser gets most of the attention. Make sure your teaser resembles a sandeel. That's just my experiences. I have some new teasers that some friends have given me and I can't wait to start using them. Some of them have already worked. Give it time. The only thing I don't like about them is that they sometimes lessen the distance of your cast.

Don't feel too bad deadlyplugs, I have had some trouble myself. After reading this post I realize that I have been putting the teaser too close to the lure. Thanks for the advice guys.