^ All good advice people.....
Monday night was the first time out walking the beaches for me in a while...I'm usually at it 5-7 nights a week when the fishing is hot...the night bite has been poor so I've been doing home projects instead....

In the 3 1/2 hour trip I must have covered 20 miles.....worked a full 12 hours before that putting in a new door and some other things...by the time I got out there I was already dog tired.....

After all that beach walking, and no sleep..... I had to stop throughout the day yesterday to deal with the severe charley horse cramping in my legs......at one point before work I was near a busy intersection in Newark and had to pull the car over to the side, they were so bad....got out and did the "pinching the lip" trick while splayed out almost prone to the car, stretching my legs....

Most people passed me by, but one guy got of his car to ask if I was ok.......that was nice of him...must have been a weird sight for him as I still had some of my fishing gear on.....

The point to all of this, is if you are not doing this regularly, don't get into a kayak all of a sudden and decide to do a marathon 8 mile night paddle....had I been out on the yak, fatigued as I was, I could have been in a great deal of trouble if those cramps developed in my legs....