Thread: Equipment

Default Equipment

Wondering what new equipment you have bought or tried since the spring season? What did you like or dislike about it would you recommend it?

St Croix Legend surf rod, it takes a lot of abuse and loads up nice. And you can't beat the guarantee.

Default new stuff

I picked up a quantum mOcean winch style surf rod with a shimano calcutta-700.
    it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.
    the rods rated 1-4 but,it is wrong,I was slinging 6 oz wood with it and it still could do more.

with the rod going for 90 bucks and on sale for half off,it was worth a look.I recommended it my a buddy and he bought one in spinning,I am not sure how he feels about it but,it is an asskicker!

R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

I like those Northbar bottle plugs in rough water they dig well better than a standard bottle plug and more effective also they can be loaded w/ 10 cc's of water to cast better and they don't lose much action crank slow to keep the plug working and give a slight twitch every couple of cranks of your reel to make it dart.Not cheap but you are replacing 2 plugs w/ one.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

I like the NB darters too. I recently got 2 of them but only used the darker one. One is a yellow pattern. I can't wait till we have some rough weather. Then I will see what those babies are made of!

I got two also, and like you, I am looking forward to some rough water. They cast great.
    Bring on some wind from the east!...throw in some rain...

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    I like the NB darters too. I recently got 2 of them but only used the darker one. One is a yellow pattern. I can't wait till we have some rough weather. Then I will see what those babies are made of!
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I don't know if this classifies as equipment or not, but I am using sluggos heavily for the first time this fall. I love them almost as much as I love my wife. (Good thing she doesn't read my posts)

rovex duron rods 8 ft and 10 ft made like ugly sticks but 20% lighter