Quote Originally Posted by Rip-Plugger View Post
Steve,

I already know what I think I want to know what someone else thinks.if they don't like it thats good.

R-P

[quote=finchaser;43661]
Quote Originally Posted by Rip-Plugger View Post

Then why ask for opinions, it's seems you fish with allot of off the wall brands. It's hard to find tackle shops or people in the know who use these brand reels. If this stuff was any good they would be stocked in tackle shops. After checking with some shops, and a friend at a major tackle distributor, the brands you mentioned are considered a joke,not worth the problems they will cause and the bad rap people selling them would get when they fail.
Most site says the same thing no matter the size OMOTO reel,they say the same thing they fail when fished hard and are considered junk.

Cheaper and smaller bearings, non shielded bearings, poor tolerances and cheaper anodizing all ways of cutting corners like Steve and his friend mentioned above.. Bearing issues was biggest complaint also very weak drags if you go even 1 line size up and this was on there top of line reels that compete against
Avets and Shimano and Diawa lever drags

Well enough of this, sorry but I don't think any one will tell you what you want to hear.

Remember any reel holds up to fishing it's the catching part that kills them.

Good luck to you, it almost sounds like you have some kind of a vested interest in promoting these reels.

Ripplugger, you asked for our opinions and we gave them. Isn't that what this site is supposed to be about?
No I never used one, but my friend took one apart and compared it. He has more technical knowledge than I have, and I trust his analysis. This was also confirmed by Finchaser.

Let me ask you, have you ever taken one of the omotos apart and compared with others, feature by feature?

So what gives you the right to discount the research my friend did. As he told me, if you only fish once every few weeks, you could buy one and never notice how crappy they are.

"Remember any reel holds up to fishing it's the catching part that kills them."

I have to strongly agree with the above statement by Finchaser. I have seen a lot of your posts here and have learned from some of them. You seem like you have been fishing a long time.

I have to ask you, if you really fish that much, why would you promote a crappy reel that will probably not hold up to sustained fishing? Guys who fish a lot will only be throwing their hard-earned money away if they buy these reels.

Who fixes them if they blow up? No tackle shop I know of in my area will touch them for repair (I already called 3 yesterday just to confirm) So why would you lobby for this reel unless you are selling them? Saying a crap reel is great reduces your credibility as a fisherman. I hope you are not offended at that, but that's the truth. And if you are fishing a long time, you should know that, unless you are shilling for them.

I just can't see why you would push for your brother fishermen to waste their money like that. Just my opinion, of course.