Thread: comparison: Abu VS Omoto

Hybrid View

Default comparison: Abu VS Omoto

Hello Fisher people,

I am wondering if anyone here has ever fished with an abu international mag/sports mag and an Omoto Chief casting reel,if so,how would you compare them to each other?

R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,

I don't know anything about an Omoto, but to me it looks like it would blow up under heavy use fighting big fish. I have an Abu and love it. Just my opinion.

I have an old Abu needs a little work now but always did me proud.

Default huh?

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    I don't know anything about an Omoto, but to me it looks like it would blow up under heavy use fighting big fish. I have an Abu and love it. Just my opinion.
    Hmmm,interesting reply.
    I am still asking for comparison.

FYI,Omoto makes some of the finest machines on the planet.I know this for a fact since I fish their gear quite a bit.
    I expected folks here to be more helpful as I did you.

I thought you might be a seasoned veteran of fishing which such a fisherman would not bash something he knows nothing about.

on another site,I asked about ming-yang reels and every single fisherman that has been doing it for years said they were junk,well,I found out otherwise for myself.

btw,they don't blow up,I know that as a fact too.
    the Chief is a very well made machine,I know because I own one and will be fishing it this am AAMOF.

R-P

I'm not lookiing to start an argument Ripplugger, but if you think about it, if Omoto reels were so great lot of guys would be using them. I read the posts on other websites, they are not blazing a brave new path in reel-construction.

They copied a lot of the features of the more expensive reels, box them up with a guarantee, and hope they won't have problems with quality control. They basically stole a lot of the best features from other manufacturers, and I have a bit of a problem with that. They are made in China, and I'm not happy with the quality control of a lot of stuff coming out of China.

I say this respectfully, and this is just my opinion. I feel they won't hold up, you do. I like my Abu. They have been making Abus for years and have quality control and customer service down pat. I'm happy with that and don't want to change right now. To each his own is what I say.

I'm not lookiing to start an argument Ripplugger, but if you think about it, if Omoto reels were so great lot of guys would be using them. I read the posts on other websites, they are not blazing a brave new path in reel-construction.

They copied a lot of the features of the more expensive reels, box them up with a guarantee, and hope they won't have problems with quality control. They basically stole a lot of the best features from other manufacturers, and I have a bit of a problem with that. They are made in China, and I'm not happy with the quality control of a lot of stuff coming out of China.

I say this respectfully, and this is just my opinion. I feel they won't hold up, you do. I like my Abu. They have been making Abus for years and have quality control and customer service down pat. I'm happy with that and don't want to change right now. To each his own is what I say.

What he ^^^ said knocks offs come and go and are usually meant to be disposable, good for people who don't fish. IMO pay the money get the real thing and use it forever. You get what you pay for

Atlas reels are now out, they are Avet knockoffs made in Taiwan

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Default questionable service?

Put me down in the omoto haters club too, who is going to service them if something goes wrong? Throwaway reels, imo.

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    What he ^^^ said knocks offs come and go and are usually meant to be disposable, good for people who don't fish. IMO pay the money get the real thing and use it forever. You get what you pay for

Atlas reels are now out, they are Avet knockoffs made in Taiwan
    they said the same thing about avet when they first came out.

R-P

Default !

no argument at all.
    I just wanted to know if anyone fished with both reels thats all.
    just to clear up the air,Omoto has made reels for a huge amount of companies that don't even make reels or rods.
    another thing is that Omoto was OEM for abu for a number of years and did a bunch of R&D with them/for them as well.
    they stand behind their stuff as well as anyone does or should.parts are availible from several places in florida and 1 in australia.

as for atlas reels,they are only VS-10's and VS-12's,which are good machines too.
    who knows,the abu you have may have been r&d'd by them,ya never know.

I am sure you have other reels/rods that you like.
    I am also sure you bought them or some of them based on your likes and not what someone else said.
    if I am wrong fill me in.

I am not asking anybody to switch I ask if anyone fished both.
    I know how most fishermen are,hardheaded like I used to be.

R-P