Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports for November 2010

Default NJ fishing reports for November 2010

NJ fishing reports for November 2010
    Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING! Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED!
    Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
    OutFront (Ocean) OR -- OutBack (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. If you do this, your post may be edited, or deleted. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time!

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:

If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish here today?

If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
    More discussion on this:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.Even if you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well.

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free.

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
    NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
    SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
    IBSP - Island Beach State Park
    LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
    AI - Absecon Inlet
    CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
    CMC - Cape May County
    CMR - Cape May Rips
    GEI - Great Egg Inlet
    TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
    BB - Barnegat Bay
    CB - Chesapeake Bay
    CBBT - Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
    DB - Delaware Bay

_Cowherder,
    you won the plug in the October random drawing!
    PM me your address so I can send it out to ya!

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.

If you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well. Anyone who posts a report can win a plug even if they got skunked!

This month we're giving out plugs from Ace Baits, or something similar.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...splay.php?f=83

Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site!

Fished for an hour today before work, 6 to 7. One bass 23" on a black bomber, somoco.

Some nice fish in the surf last night, got 5 to on a blurple magnum bomber, 3 on sluggos, 15lbs biggest and most were keeper sized. All still swimming . Nasty out there, but it was fish on, and lost quite a few as well.

Got my first bass of November early this morning from 3:30-5:30. All of the bass except for one were 12-15lbs or so. Caught about 8 and had just as many hits/taps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3012.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	12400Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3015.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	12401

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3018.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	12402Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3021.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	12403

A nice mix of larger blues to 14# this morning at IBSP. Got many on a redfin, then some more on pencils as they moved out a bit.

Default bass in the channels

We got some nice fat bass yesterday late afternon on the outgoing tide. Fished the channels with eels from Ambrose to SHC. 6 bass to 21lbs.

Default Delayed Fishing Report

Did my 1st commando trip from Albany, NY to NJ surf - last thurs and friday.

Thursday - Hit the hook thurs afternoon for the outgoing. zippo. Went back later on to fish a spot loaded w/ sand eels. 1 Striper - a short. Fished another MoCo spot Thursday night managed 2 more stripers - again shorts.

Friday AM - fished OC. 3 Hickory Shad.

Friday Afternoon: Tried a new spot (to me) in MoCo, fish were swirling on sandeels. Caught several fluke. Caught 3 Stripers - shorts, but oh, so close!

Friday evening: Went to another MoCo location, caught 1 more striper. Legal. Had him for supper. Full of sandeels.

Total: 7 Stripers, 3 Hickory Shad, at least 6 fluke. Oh, also a stargazer.

6 of eight stripers hit teaser, 2 on small yozuri.

Fluke - seemed they hit anything that came in front (or above) them.

Can't wait to go back. Hopefully soon.

Default oc has the blues

Fished 6-2 today, various places in OC. 34" bass at sunrise on a gibbs popper. Then a mix of blues on A17 with green tails. Some bruisers. Also, I did see a few larger bass caught on bunker throughout the day.

congrats to all that got fish good job guys

Got 5 tonight between 8-12am up to 32" and lost two others. Was hooking up right at my feet. My buddy caught 6 up to 30". Water was a bit more stirred then usual. Very cold and windy.

I fished last night 6-4am, a "short trip" by Monty's standards.

Managed 3 to 28". Small profile swimmer at first, then heavy danny as the wind built up. A slow pick, had to visit a few places to put that together. At the next to last place, I met C, a guy who grew up around the same time I did. It was cool to meet someone else who actually went to a Led Zeppelin concert.

We started talking about less fish around, and the "M&M" theory that you folks see mentioned here and on the internet. He told me he read it here. It was nice to run into someone who actually is worried about the future of striped bass. Nice meetin ya, C.
    M&M theory posts 68 & 69
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...+theory&page=7

Surfspinner, your numbers are impressive considering how much the NW sustained winds of 20mph effed up the presentation last night.

It seemed the winds started the sustained push around 11, and the opportunities were better before then. I jerked around at some rockpiles first instead of going to the striped bass supermarket.
    Getting tired of all the crowds, and looking to see if some other places are producing. They are, but it's still better on the red X.

Welcome aboard Surfspinner! It was definitely cold and windy last night. All my bass were in close as well. Putting together a catch like that in those conditions deserves a few
    WTG.

fished sh this morning. nothing didn't see any one else catch anything either. found a cell phone on north beach turned it in at ranger station.if you lost it thats where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I fished last night 6-4am, a "short trip" by Monty's standards.
    Managed 3 to 28". Small profile swimmer at first, then heavy danny as the wind built up. A slow pick, had to visit a few places to put that together.
    Thought you may have mixed the times up first (4-6).....
    But 6 to 4 is a nice night out.
    Wish I could have joined you.
    Congrats on finding/catching some bass.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

You should have stayed till the morning Dark (but I guess 10 hours is enough in that cold.) It was nasty this AM!
    Got 4 bass right before sunrise, A-17 jigged slowly. It was a quick bite and turned off soon after. All small fish.

Default repeat of yesterday

I got 2 bass to 37" this morning, IBSP, pencil poppers, before 7:30. Both released.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Surfspinner, your numbers are impressive considering how much the NW sustained winds of 20mph effed up the presentation last night.

It seemed the winds started the sustained push around 11, and the opportunities were better before then.
    Thx.

That night, while walking to my usual spot I pass by an area that is looking choppier and foamier than usual. Even though the wind is coming strong right at me and I got a bomber and teaser on I'm like what the heck, let me give it a try. I cast and the thing falls like 15 feet in front of me. I decide it's best to continue walking so I reel it in faster than usual. When I am about to pull my bomber out of the water, BAM, a 32" fatty. We stayed and picked a few more before moving on. It was low tide.

Your right, the opportunity was better earlier in the night.

Fished nomoco, 9-1am. Threw the bag, great nite out but no fish, except for a few hickory shad.

Last night report. 5 short bass and one hickory shad. 4 of the bass and the hickory shad went for a teaser that I tied which I was happy about. Had some other on and offs and also taps to keep me entertained but could not find any bass of size in the 4 spots I tried.

Default small bass, big shad

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Thought you may have mixed the times up first (4-6).....
    But 6 to 4 is a nice night out.
    You read it right bro, 10 hours for 3 fish. Woo hoo.

WTG, Charlie, even the short bass were picky last night. Many guys flat out gave up or assumed they weren't there, because they only focused on the shad and became disinterested.

I fished 6-11:00pm. Bumped into Vpass along the way.
    We fished hard with not much to show for it except some very large shad up to 2#.

As I said, a lot of guys left, and we kept moving as well. After about 3 hours, we ran into some pockets of bass and shad slurping sandeels in close. Many others assumed it was "just shad", or maybe they didn't see them. It was tough to focus under the dark skies, but to us it was exciting and a challenge. All they really wanted was what they were feeding on. Nothing else, including teasers, seemed to match it.

I finally dialed in with the smallest swimmer I had, and Vpass was working a sluggo erratically. Even so, it was a lot of casts for scattered fish. I managed a short bass and lost a few, Vpass dropped a few as well. We also had some fun with the large shad, each having some good action. They would have been awesome action on 6wt fly rod or small spinner. It seems the sizes are starting to vary greatly.

We went through every presentation we had looking for a pattern, and worked to find the bass. Guys shouldn't give up so easily. Even though they were small bass, they were there among the shad, and you gotta play the hand you're dealt sometimes.

Newsflash: no fish were remotely interested in chicken scratch bombers last night.

The night was perfect for fishin, light swell, mild SE wind which turned light S, and temps in the 50's.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast