Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: NJ fishing reports for November 2010

Wow great catches finchaser, vpass and sharkhart! I fished nomo today from 3-5pm, it was all quiet on the water, not a tap.

I fished this morning from 5am to 1:30pm. Went to the same spot as yesterday and had no luck with the bass. I walked about 3/4 miles south and Found birds workin in a few spots. I was excited only to find out it was Shad working the bait, I caught a few.

I then decided to hit another beach. Decided to take the flyrod out again. I found herring working rainfish/ small sandeels. I caught 2 dozen 3 dozen herring to the point of bordeom. I did see 2 keepers caught today in the second spot also a few shorts. I don't think the herring would give you the chance to hook into to a short bass. I hope Mama bass would teach those herring a lesson.

The amount of bait is amazing. I was standing in a cloud of Sandeels that were no more then 2 inch long the water was dirty looking from all the bait.

I was going to headout tonight to try again, but due to the lack of sleep i'm very Loopy Going out in the AM.

was out before nada south wind and current dropped water temp from yesterday afternoon ,turned them off

water dropped from 52 to 48

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I fished a CM area beach this morning. Clams and bunker. Not even a skate.

late report, fished nomoco turkey day in the morning, got one 30" bass on clam, it had only one sandeel in its belly whats up with that. fished the next 2 days up and down nomoco and got squat. fishin sucks rite now, if there are herring and shad out there where the hell are the bass?

Fished from 6am to 9am. Used the fly rod again. I was casting big deceiver flys to match the Herring. After 2 hours desided to cast a rainfish size fly. Caught 2 Herring in 2 cast, and decided to go home. I can't believe with all that bait the Bass are not around. I believe staying with that bait will evently payoff. I'll try again with ML plugs early am. I might even swim a herring.

Did a 15 man charter yesterday. My last one of the year. We got 4 shorts, 1 blue, 10 tog. It was tough conditions in the way of getting the fish to bite. Also caught 4 small mackerel already and 1 ling. Interesting day but at least we didn't get the skunk.
    "Don't be shy, give it a try"

Fished SH 3pm to 6pm with OFFC yesterday. Saw bait but no fish.

Fished somoco, off some rocks, from 5am to 8 this morning. One 17" bass on a megabait crawled slowly. In the darkness I heard the muffled sounds of a fat lady warming up for her aria.

fished an area that has a large concentration of Herring this morning from 5am to 10am. I used ML swimmers for the first 3 hours with no luck. Then I threw the bag a few times. I did snag a herring on the teaser. which explained the bumps I was getting just before I snagged the herring. What a suckie November.

I fished the Moco area this morning. There was not much happening at sunrise, a few small bass caught. I worked some different beaches with heavy diamond jigs as the surf got bigger. I ended up with 3 bass to 32". Despite the rough winds and surf, the sand eels are still there.

Default big surf, some fish

I hit an OC beach after work. Got 4 bass to 13lbs on an ava37. The fish were there but you had to work for them.

Late report, got out with some friends on a Fri morning boat trip. We fished from the Shrewsbury rocks to Seaside. He tried everything to find fish for us. He did. They were all mid range fat bass. The biggest was 15 pounds with a few shorts and some lethargic bluefish. All on green shads.

Fished somoco from 3 to 5pm today. The water was nasty and white and churned up. Managed one plastic bag filled with water on metal. It fought like a champ.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910