Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports for November 2010

I fished IBSP yesterday afternoon till dark. Got 2 bass, one 32", and one 17lbs. Bunker.

Default using bunker

i fished the beach at nomoco last nite got one skate on bunker, my buddies got 3 nice bass the night before the fishing is up and down lately. maybe i should drive south to island beach great catch ledhead36!

We managed 2 nice bass to 23lbs last night fishing eels in Ambrose.

Hit SH at 5 yesterday morning. Had a friend and 2 of my brothers with me. Tried bait and lures as well. Nothing on the baited hooks. I got 10 nice sized fluke. My brother got 3 shorts 1 keeper. Our friend got 2 shorts and my other brother got skunk. Rough water, hard pelting rain in the face. Tide change made the water worse. Had a moment just before the top of the tide, where we saw bass busting the top of the water 30 feet in front of us. We threw everything at them and couldn't ge tthem to bite. Commerants were feeding right over them. Gave up at 10:30 or so, headed home for a break. Then headed out to OC for a late afternoon try at it. Had RIP with me and he managed to get a nice keeper in the slop and messy white water and multiple giant waves coming in. Had to make sure we stood in no more than a foot of water if that. WTG RIP. Congrats on getting your skunk off your back. Now I need to land a nice keeper bass. But it's all fun and great times on the water. While i haven't got a fall keeper yet, I sure am not missing out on great times with a friends and family.
    "Don't be shy, give it a try"

I got out early this morning. NoMoCo 4:30 - 8. Got em good on the 9in mega shad. Water was a mess when I left.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 Nov 5th 002.jpg  

Fished OC county yesterday with Cardoc. Running around like a madman trying to get of work on time to hit the high water. Made it there right before high and was lucky enough to get a nice fat 30 1/2". water was a mess. Got em on metal.

Default slow catchin, bigger fish, but GREAT action!

After I saw Finchaser last night, I moseyed around some OC hotspots. Thought I might run into Killie and mug the guy. Maybe he would have looked at that noreast weather and been out fishin. No such luck.

So I did what I do best, scout for fish. First spot I nailed a 20 on a small swimmer, nice fat 38" fish. Kept moving. The rain had stopped, but kept it up periodically all night. It was cold, rainy, and wet, but the fish don't care about that.

Went 2 hours without even a tap as I fished both slack tides, and the flood tide. Eventually the fish turned on, and I started a slow pick on metal and teaser combo.

The teaser was Monty's Magic Teaser. I stupidly never got around to using it before because I don't want to deal with the fluke and the shad. Well, where I was, they weren't a problem last night in the ocean.

Those teasers are so effective, they should be illegal.

Thanks so much Monty for thinking of me, I'm sold on those teasers.
    I wish I had the dough to give every S&A member one, they're that good.

So make sure you use your sandeel profile teasers, and keep them small. The bait last night may have been bay anchovies plus sandeels as well, another reason for the effectiveness of the teaser.

I didn't have non-stop action, I had to work for the fish. But the action at times was fantastic. I'm still playing the tapes over in my mind.

Somewhere around 6:30 am, I lost the fish, they just up and disappeared. At least they were around while I was there, much gratitude for that.

Not one other soul on the dark beach where I was. With all the fog and rain, it looked like the scene from the first Black Sabbath album.

Final tally, 15 bass, no fluke or shad.
    5 of the bass went from 12 to 20#, the rest were smaller.

Nice catches everyone, glad to see people are out there catching.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    The teaser was Monty's Magic Teaser. I stupidly never got around to using it before because I don't want to deal with the fluke and the shad. Well, where I was, they weren't a problem last night in the ocean.
    Those teasers are so effective, they should be illegal.
    They have been my most productive "lure" this fall, by far. They seem to match a profile better than other artificials. Was great hearing that you caught with them.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Smile

Today, actually, all week my little guys have been wanting to go out to the surf to catch some bass. They always see them dead and they really want to see them alive. I rarely ever fish in the daytime so I thought after the storms that clams would be the ticket. So we get to the spot, and soak some fresh clams. After an hour or so of the little guys braving the cold and nothing. I thought, I would see if the plugs would work. Sure enough, I get a hit on the 2nd cast and hook up but fish gets off as I get him in close.

I tell the little guys to bring in the clams and we are going to plug. 15 min later, I hook up, make sure the fish is hooked good and hand the rod over to my 6yr old. He got to feel the power and strength of a nice 31" or so striped bass. He had the fight of his life. I wish he could have hooked him but the wind was a bit tough today to keep in contact. Less than a half hour later, we get another bass about the same size. Both bass released.

Big success. Kids could not stop talking about it all the way home. They also took turns reeling lures in and my older son was casting but not the best day for getting a bite because the wind was bowing the line.

One fish hit my teaser that I tied myself which has gotten over 10 fish in my last 3 outings and another fish went for soft plastic eel.

Check out these pics. These little guys are the future of the sport and they already know a heck of a lot about fishing. I tell them every detail of my night fishing stories, every morning during breakfast or lunch if I can't get up for breakfast.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20101105catching1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	12413

Name:	20101105catching2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	12414

Great pics and story Charlie.
    Sounds like they had a blast.

My report:
    Took Pebbles fishin tonight 8-10pm.
    Even Monty's magic teasers could not save me from the
    Pebbles also beat me, 2 fish (neither of which was a bass) to my 0.

Some fish were caught by others around sunset, all shorts.
    Yesterday's fish are heading S.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Great pics and story Charlie.
    Sounds like they had a blast.

My report:
    Took Pebbles fishin tonight 8-10pm.
    Even Monty's magic teasers could not save me from the
    Pebbles also beat me, 2 fish (neither of which was a bass) to my 0.

Some fish were caught by others around sunset, all shorts.
    Yesterday's fish are heading S.
    Hope she stood up wind of you and followed you in her car.

Reason you caught nothing was west wind blew stench off of you and pushed fish offshore.

Yesterday's fish are heading S.what a concept

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Got to fish with my buddy JimK this early early morning. Surf was big and fish were very hungry. 2nd cast, fish on. We had at least 15 fish and just as many hits and misses. I stopped counting fish when I took a wave right in front with water in my waders and on all of my electronics. Both camera and phone survived. That camera has been dropped in the Salmon River twice and has been in the rain and now a saltwater partial dunking. AND it still works. Don't tell my wife, it is not a waterproof camera. Little Canon Elph that thinks it is waterproof.

My biggest this morning was 32", Jim had the big fish of the day, a 20 pounder.

We had fish for a solid two hours or so from 4-6:30am and then the action just stopped.

Teasers and Xrap for me.

Name:	IMG_3087.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	12415

One more of the boys from yesterday...

Name:	20101105catching3.jpg 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	12416

Good job there Dad. I fished OC this morning 530 til 9am Water is cleaning up rather quickly. Only saw 4 fish caught 2 left the beach. Had a real nice fish on for a few secs. but he shook loose. Oh well that's fishin. Congrats to the guys that are catching consistently. I have not been so fortunate.

They are right offshore guys, I hope some slide into the surf so you can get more consistent action. We had them this morning out of SRI, 40' of water. We had to make quite a few moves to hook up. There was lots of bait, but not every pod held bass. 3 bass to 21lbs, using 4 to 6 oz hammered jigs.

Occo from 5-8am, 2 bass to 33" on ava27 with yellow tail.

Worked on one of my charters today. Headed out at 6 am and got to the mouth of the bay and the swells were huge. One minute i could see sky line, next minute i was looking at a wall of water that was taller than me. No bs. Headed to the bow to anchor up and a big swell forced me to drop to me knees real quick. It was that or fly over to the rail or overboard. Capt even thought i was going over. Nothing on the clams so we dulled anchor and moved around the area and jigged a noce 31 inch bass and 2 big blues. The water started to lay down finally and we headed outside and anchored up and withine 10 minutes of chumming shells, we had a non stop bite for 2 1/2 hours. The guys managed 30 or so shorts in the 26 3/4 - 27 1/2 range and a 6 guy limit. It was time to go in, so we let a fellow charter friend come over and take over our slick. He didn't do as well up till then. he finished out the day good.
    "Don't be shy, give it a try"

Fished 4-7 this morning. It was a bit slow and difficult with the North wind. Not the same non-stop catching as yesterday early am but I did manage two stripers. One was a schoolie who went for my teaser. The other fish was approx 34" bass that was a great fight who went for my soft plastic in some very good current.

Released both fish and was so satisfied from the bigger fish that I had my shortest fishing expedition in a long time. Actually, I just can't stand the daylight hours. The sun comes up and I just can't see a damn thing.

Every time I think that I have figured out a pattern.... NOPE! Luckily, I have been managing to hook up usually but it is never the same even two days in a row.

Not sure if my thumb is going to make it through the season.

Name:	morning1.jpg 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	12418

Name:	morning2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	12419

Nice going C4, That's great you must be proud of your kids.

Killie came to visit me yesterday pointed him in the direction of the beach where it's been going down for 2 days, he scored 25 keepers to 18# between, 4PM and 6PM. This was witnessed and he was the talk of 2 shops this AM. All were released way to go Killie

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Fished this morning from 12:00 to around 8:00.
    Great time, but had some stuff happen.
    Ended up with 7 bass between 22 inches and 28 inches.
    At one point I had lost 4 fish in a row that were hooked, one larger one that I could not get out of the wash. Power pro line broke 4x. One time on a solid hit/hookset (lost Hogy and teaser). On sun up lots of bird action in my face, literally at my feet at times. This happened for an hour or so, could not catch one fish during this time .
    Caught 3 on the rubber teaser, others on wood and plastic (catching on wood is my favorite way.)
    Bumped into Darkskies,
    Was great fishing weather till the sun came up.

Name:	2010_11_7_sbt1.jpg 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	12420

Name:	2010_11_7_sbbd1.jpg 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	12421

Name:	2010_11_7_sbtbcj1.jpg