Thread: Naildriver's Incredible Catch and Release Hunting Story

Default Naildriver's Incredible Catch and Release Hunting Story

this was just posted over at http://northcarolinapha.com/forum/index.php:

ok, so i went out to test my theory of dressing to match your surroundings again. i left the dogs at the house and went to a totally new area i had never even seen, muchless hunted. i knew it was a popular spot for leaf lookers so i dressed in plain clothes and headed out with the 12ga and a single hand call. well, i missed one and dropped another..... kinda.... i shot and he staggered his flights turned around and "flew" like a baloon filled with air, smacked into a power line and then dropped to the ground. might i mention i was using 6 1/2 instead of my typical #4 nitro (which i love for crow) and this one was at the edge of my shooting range. well i went got my "downed" bird and headed to the car and then home, with my new friend by my side.... ... well its not to often that you get to turn loose the crow you shot, but this time i did. all that hit the bird was the wadding from my gun :shock: ... it hit the crows wing and crippled it... after playing with him for a lil while i went out side where he hung around for a few minutes and took flight to be shot down another day.... heres the pics. his wing is still a lil limp from the wadd but no blood or wounds anywhere!!!!

Catch and release hunting, that is an unusual story. I enjoyed that. I would bet the crow was happy being released. I bet it doesn't happen that much.

w t g c&r great story

amazing story. i never heard of such a thing.

naildriver is a standup guy, too. local cop with a new baby.

Now that is some story. You go out to kill and end up with a friend. I think anyother hunter would have shot him dead on the spot.

Wink new type of hunting

Quote Originally Posted by jonthepain View Post
    amazing story. i never heard of such a thing.

naildriver is a standup guy, too. local cop with a new baby.
    new type of hunting its called a wad load no lead just the wad

ha yeah that would be one challenging sport.

"wow nice shot! you stunned him good! what size wad you shootin' there, Billy Bob?"

lol