Thread: how many rods is too many for the surf?

Default how many rods is too many for the surf?

I was thinking of the guys at Island Beach who do it, it's one of the reasons I try to fish other less popular areas. What do you guys think about this? How can you fish efficiently with 5 rods? What is the most rods you think one fisherman should put out there?

"And if you do get a fish, everyone drives up real quick and tries to mug you. And they also "save spots" for their friends by putting out 5 rods at a time. How can you fish like that with 5 rods? "

I think that is kind of selfish. They are taking up 100 ft of space minimum and not leaving any room for me.

Default 100 feet of beach

100 feet of beach, that's an understatement Pebbles.

There was a guy at Island beach like that earlier this year. He was fishing 10 rods, and sleeping in his truck. We saw him earlier drinking heavily. I think he was drunk as a skunk at like 2 in the afternoon. So by 5pm, when he was passed out in his seat, we decided to teach him a lesson.
    We reeled all his rigs in, and then tied 2 or 3 together in tangles, found some debris on the beach, and tossed them out, 2 or 3 at a time. What a mess it must have been when he finally woke up out of his drunk stupor and had to cut off all that mess to get his setups back in order. This guy, with all those setups, was taking up about 200' of prime beach in front of one our favorite holes. Not only is that selfish, that's just plain dumb. He got what he deserved. I only wish a big skate, dogfish, or school of blues would have came through his setups and dragged half of them in the water. That would have been some good karma.

weekend warriors

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I don't know how people can do that. It would seem to make it more crowded.