Thread: A couple in the works

Hybrid View

Default A couple in the works

The first plug is a blurple A-40 and the second a pocket rocket built by a well known person on the site for me, its been awhile need to get back into it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 034.jpg   031.jpg  

033.jpg   032.jpg  

Cranky Old Bassturd.

Very nice work, surfstix. They look like they will catch fish.

Nice metal lip surf. Who built the pocket rocket? That should cast like a missile.

Speedy built them he does good work I think I will just buy his, paint them and one of these days I will get that tail loop down thats the worst part for me I get it tight but it looks like butt.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    I will get that tail loop down thats the worst part for me I get it tight but it looks like butt.
    That would be my concern as well. Getting the tail wrap to look nice and neat. That's why I haven't tried building plugs yet. You guys make it look easy, but IMO there is a long learning curve. Speedy does nice work. Sweet color on the danny too.

I enjoy the kits you get everything you need to build them except for hooks and split rings, if you use them it also gets you through the basics I don't have the $$ to be running out to buy a lathe,drill press and sanders nor the back to stand around doing it right now maybe in the future, when I do things for real I like to do them right and all the tools help.Thanks to all.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.