View Poll Results: For 2010 What has been your most productive artificial (for Stripers)?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rubber Shad

2 22.22%
  • Rubber Hogy or Sluggo

1 11.11%
  • Plastics (Redfin or Bomber)

2 22.22%
  • Metal Lip Plugs

0 0%
  • Poppers

0 0%
  • Those long rubber things Dark caught all those fish on

0 0%
  • Metal

0 0%
  • Teaser

1 11.11%
  • Bucktail

2 22.22%
  • Other

1 11.11%

Thread: 2010 Most Productive Artificial

Default 2010 Most Productive Artificial

What was your most productive artificial lure in 2010 for Striped Bass?
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

I caught about 50% of my bass on 6 inch sluggos with 3/8 oz jig heads. The rest on teasers. I can't recall if I got any on plugs.

Probably half the bass I have caught this year have been on teasers (feathered in the spring, rubber this fall). Previous years I have caught more on poppers than this year. Really no second place artificial, pretty much divided equally between metal lips, poppers, big Hogys and plastics.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Most of my bass have been caught on teasers. I am trying my hand at metals and find that to be working ok as well.

Ha ha. I wanted to say those long rubber things that Dark caught the fish on, but I must be out of the loop. What are they?

( I like small plastics like bombers and redfins and megabaits. When the water is rough I like tins and bucks.)

I will have to say that most of my bass were caught on bait this year. I did catch a few plugging though. This was my first full year of bass fishing. I have learned a lot and have come a long way. I am really looking forward to next year already. I would like to have more time to fish though (wouldn't we all) I plan on buying some better equipment this winter including a rod to use strictly for plugging so that I can work lures properly and get my casts out further to put me in the strike zone. Next year when this same thread is opened I will have some better answers.

Darters. Best were about 6" long in an olive color
    Enjoy the Journey

I use rubber a lot. Shads not so much unless mullet or herring are around. This year the fin-s and smaller rubber has been killer for me. Bucktails also.

I like the good old bomber. If the fish are around it is one of the most all-around plugs.

If you look at the whole year, most of my numbers this year came on bucktail and pork. Later in the season, it was metal and the teaser.