Thread: A Few Bucktails

Default A Few Bucktails

Heres a couple bucktails I am working on for someone who does repairs on the camper since I can't do much of it anymore.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SAM_0105.jpg  
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Sweet Smilin Bill's, Surfstix.
    How many do you make at a time?

Thanks Rich,it will be a total of 24 for him I finished the 3 oz. ones now finishing up the 2 oz. his daughter is a hardcore fisherwoman so I made her some plugs and teasers also, because he doesn't charge me for repairs on the camper.I got some really nice jig heads from NJ Tackle very impressed with them hardly any lead cleanup on them at all.I don't pour the heads myself I breath in enough crap tying teasers and doing epoxy work.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Nice colors on the teasers, guy. I bet they work good for fluke and weakfish too.

Surfstix, what kind of hooks are they, do you know? Wold you recommend ordering from him if you fish rocky areas a lot, and inlets?

The jig heads are already made by NJ Tackle I just tie the bucktail on and airbrush the head these in particular had indentations for eyes in which I used stick on eyes w/ a dab of epoxy over them to secure them.Bucktails and rocky areas go hand in hand you just need alot due to the loss of them in the rocks and different stages of the tide wt. wise.I am not positive what hooks he uses but if you buy the mold by Do-It molds they say a mustad 34184D or a 34185D both 8/0 hooks for 2 oz. 2 1/2oz. and 3 oz. If you jump up to a 4 or 5 oz. mold it is a 9/0 Mustad hook #91715.BTW the difference in the 34184D and 34185D is the 34184D is a extra long shank jig hook.I have no issues with NJ Tackle good prices nice people,if its in stock a very reasonable shppg. time. I would reccomend them I deal with quite a few people and their prices are pretty good better than some of the others I have been dealing with so looks like they will get more orders from me.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Good point, I think the extra long shank makes a difference with bigger bass, 20lbs and better. I think you might get a better hookset. Nice work.

Hoping they will bring the guy you gave them to good mojo.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    I don't pour the heads myself I breath in enough crap tying teasers and doing epoxy work.
    Smart move. I had a friend who cooked lead for sinkers every winter in his backyard. His wife hated when he did it. He did it anyway. Nice bucktails surfstix.

Thanks nitestrikes I usually don't tie them much but I owed so I had to do it.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Thank you for the advice surfstix. Real nice work!