Thread: Comparing Notes Down East NC continued

Default Comparing Notes Down East NC continued

For my hide, I picked this handy pile of old AC units:

Are we here to hunt, or are we here to surf?

View from inside. My 870 made a very satisfying "Whaaaaannnnnggggggggg!" everytime I shot from here:

PP dropped one here that got up and flew away several minutes after he went down. Too bad naildriver wasn't here, he woulda had another pet!

We exhausted that spot, so off we go on down the road:

Another spot, another spread:

After minimal luck at that spot, we retired to the local cafe for some burgers and sweet tea. Then it was off to our last stand of the day. The farmer was as friendly as everybody we met that day, and showed us where he's seen the local coyotes. They were hanging around his turkey houses, and denning up in the nearby woods.

Woods on right; PP up against a turkey house on left:

Pain's-eye view:

Still nothing doing, and it's about time to go.

Saddle up!

It looked to me like the Lord was wishing us a fond farewell:

So we dropped off target357

and hit the long road home.

On the road again. That nasty looking cloud was more bark than bite:

Puppy only treats himself to an oatmeal cream pie if he gets one. He got one:

Oops! Another wrong turn.

We woulda stopped in to say hey to blackhawk and naildriver, but the womenfolk were expecting us home.

So that's our story. After comparing notes, we decided that we pretty much hunt with the same strategies and techniques, but hopefully we picked up a few things from each other that we can put to use the next time out.

Thanks to target357 for introducing us to some great folks down east, and for sharing some of his prime hunting locations with us!

And of course, thanks to Puppypopper for making the long drive, picking me up, and chauffeuring me all over hell and back while putting up with my cockeyed sense of humor.

Thanks for reading!

Default Re: Comparing Notes Down East NC continued

Looks like the cookies were good at least!