Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flaming Skull weave

Thanks for the info Dark. I had tried that way before but having that tutorial helped. It's a few more steps than some others ut does a good job. I think these pics show better detail now
    Enjoy the Journey

They do showcase better. The paperclip feature gives you more pic manipulation options. Glad ya were able to use it, your pics really show the details now.

That is some damn nice work beautiful patience is not the word.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    \

Can't wait to see it.
    Hopefully soon. 8 colors. 444 individual threads. Over 200 turns. About 3/4 done now on the weave. Still have to do the dec wrap and guides after that. I'll post up the weave when it is done
    Enjoy the Journey

9/11?
    I would love to see that. Look forward to the pics when done.

Finished off the 9/11 weave last night about midnight. Had to cut it off unfortunately. I made some mistakes in my patterns design and no way of salvaging yet. I am re-designing it on mjy computer right now to correct the problem areas. About 40 hours weaving down the drain but I want it to be perfect

Oh well. Still learning
    Enjoy the Journey

Quote Originally Posted by Doublerunner View Post
    Finished off the 9/11 weave last night about midnight. Had to cut it off unfortunately. I made some mistakes in my patterns design and no way of salvaging yet. I am re-designing it on mjy computer right now to correct the problem areas. About 40 hours weaving down the drain but I want it to be perfect

Oh well. Still learning
    40 hours. 444 treads. Holy cows. Probably need a few days off before attempting again.

are you using special software. or the old fashion grid paper. I can't imagine 444 treads.

Nice job on the weaves, sorry to see you lost that 9-11
    I only fish on days that end in Y
    Richie

Default Re: Flaming Skull weave

Doublerunner. What software are you using to create your weaves. I'm about to do a 13'0" heaver for Cape Hatteras and I got to do the skull. I've looked for weaves, and I think your skull is the only thing I think I can put on the rod. Awesome work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12