Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: National Saltwater Angler Registry Program

Quote Originally Posted by plugginpete View Post
    So what is stopping people from just registering in their states, if they have the license, and not registering with NOAA? they can't arrest you if you don't have a NOAA card and just have the state one, can they?

NJ and HI are the only States left without a registry or license. The NJ legislature has just passed a Free Registry and we are waiting for the Governor to decide to sign or veto it.

Any thoughts as to why Hawaii wouldn't have a SW license NJdiver? People come from all over the world to fish there. I can't understand how they wouldn't soak the fishing tourist for more fees. They soak you for everything else there, beers cost like $8, so why not soak the fishermen?

Quote Originally Posted by stripercrazy View Post
    Any thoughts as to why Hawaii wouldn't have a SW license NJdiver? People come from all over the world to fish there. I can't understand how they wouldn't soak the fishing tourist for more fees. They soak you for everything else there, beers cost like $8, so why not soak the fishermen?
    I am no expert on the matter, I would think that lacking anadromous species fish and most of their seas outside State territorial waters being thousands of feet deep, they should all have HMS permits.

In Hawaii they have fish right off the rocks. I was there for my honeymoon and saw the locals catching some big ones, I think they called them ulua or something like that. But hey, I have no idea why they don't charge people either njdiver. So your guess is as good as mine, thanks for your thoughts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12