Thread: 2010 HRFA Surf fishing tournament

Default 2010 HRFA Surf fishing tournament

I just want to say thank you to all of the sponsors who helped out in our tournament last October 30th. There were 367 fish landed with an estimate of over a 95 percent release rate. Nearly 300 anglers participated and it could not have happened if not for the sponsors and volunteers.

Last month, my company was bought out and I was laid off. Because of this new free time I have, I am starting the search on new sponsors early (while looking for a new job) this year hoping to keep/retain all of the old sponsors for 2011.

Next fall will be our annual 10th surf fishing tournament. If you are a manufacture, tackle shop or know a manufacture or salesman of any fishing related product and want to promote your product and help a non profit organization at the same time, then please contact me. All we want is your product. Maybe a few lures, a rod or a reel or rigs or terminal tackle. Not a lot, just something you are proud of and we could give away as a prize.

Thanks again to all of the sponsor from the 2010 HRFA surf fishing tournament and Happy Holidays to all.

Carl Hartmann
    Hudson River Fishermen's Association
    cfishigotu@aol.com

wow 367 fish thats a lot!
    good luck with finding a job i have been out of work twice in the last 3 years and it really suxx.

Default good job

Good job on the tournament Carl. I have a few friends who fished it. They said a very professional job was done by all members of the HRFA, no complaints.