Thread: Salmon River 2010 Slideshow Video

Default Salmon River 2010 Slideshow Video

Take a look at my slideshow video I created from our trip with a couple of my buddies from a couple weeks ago.

If you are having issues playing the video due to a slow connection, click pause, let it load for a few min and then un-pause so it loads in your system memory instead of on the fly while playing.

http://vimeo.com/17684791

Let me know what you think.

Looks like you guys got a lot of nice fish there. Average size? Cool slideshow.

C4, that's a cool slide show. I wish I went this year. It been 2 yrs since I went. Nice fishes Cool camera shots. I like how you zoomed into the fishes tail and showed all the details of their markings. You guys must of had a blast.

I have a question: Is fishing for steels is it like sight casting to fish you see or is it just drifting your flies?

Nice pics and and production, Charlie.
    Really liked how you wove the different pics to tell the story. Seems like you all had a good time. The fish close ups are intense!

Quote Originally Posted by nitestrikes View Post
    Looks like you guys got a lot of nice fish there. Average size? Cool slideshow.
    Not sure on the average size since I did not weight them.

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post

C4, that's a cool slide show. I wish I went this year. It been 2 yrs since I went. Nice fishes Cool camera shots. I like how you zoomed into the fishes tail and showed all the details of their markings. You guys must of had a blast.

I have a question: Is fishing for steels is it like sight casting to fish you see or is it just drifting your flies?
    In the river, you usually do not see them when wading. The river is usually running pretty fast so you really can't see through it to the bottom. Occasionally, you may see one jump out of the water or you can see them along the banks at times. It is usually drifting the flies and the fish are usually right at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Nice pics and and production, Charlie.
    Really liked how you wove the different pics to tell the story. Seems like you all had a good time. The fish close ups are intense!
    Thanks Rich.

Fly fished the first day and a half then I switched to centerpinning. Fighting a fish of that nature with no drag on a centerpin reel is something else. I had the absolute best fight of my life quite a few times on the centerpin and the fish we were catching were not monsters. Can't imagine hooking into a 20lb and having to fight it with no drag during higher waters with the current. The centerpin experience was excellent and that will be my method going forward for the Salmon River. Big thanks to my buddy that let me borrow a rod and reel setup. Unfortunately, I only got a 10 min tutorial before I left NJ and didn't really have too much time to research. I caught 3 on the centerpin and lost about 5. The first day, I went 6 for 11 on the fly rod. When I got home, I realized that my centerpin was not setup correctly or I would have hooked up a lot more. I landed my first on the centerpin but then I had some much bigger fish and I was still getting use to creating my own drag and the fish were very smart. By my third landed fish, I got a good idea on how to fight and put pressure on them but then it was time to go home. I will be back soon.

What a great video. Hopefully one day I'll get the chance to get up there.

Good times, good friends.
    Nice.

Pretty work, looks like you were on cloud 9.