Thread: Fantastic customer service - Cabelas in Hamburg, Pa

Default Fantastic customer service - Cabelas in Hamburg, Pa

My waders stunk and leaked so bad it was finally time to replace them. Pebbles and I took a road trip to the one in PA. I brought the old waders in, (dry and slightly clean, but they still stank a bit)

I had the receipt. They didn't carry the Alaskan Guide series of breathables any more, so they gave me a credit toward a new pair. I'm impressed by their guarantee and great customer service.

What I was told about their guarantee:

1. The waders and boots have a lifetime guarantee against leaks. Other items now have a 1-year warranty against defects.

2. If they leak at any time, you can bring them back with the original receipt, and they will replace.

3. If that line is no longer carried, they will give you a credit on your credit card of the original purchase price plus tax paid.

4. If you don't have your receipt but have the product (probably would help if you brought it back in the original packaging where the SKU # is available for scanning).... they will give you a store credit for the lowest amount that item sold at during the previous year.

In all, a very solid guarantee IMO.

If anyone has any Cabelas customer service stories to share, positive or negative, feel free to tell them in this thread.

I love that Cabelas though it's quite a drive to get there. Stop at the cracker barrel restaurant across the street if you bring your wife. Where else can you get a decent meal for under $25 that's not fast food?