Thread: NC cold stuns spotted sea trout

Default NC cold stuns spotted sea trout

It's pretty cold down there.

It is unseasonally cold down there. They have had snow in areas in places where it never snows.

Ever hear the phrase like shooting fish in a barrell? I think you don't need a barrel here.

Quote Originally Posted by clamchucker View Post
    It is unseasonally cold down there. They have had snow in areas in places where it never snows.
    sure enough. we've had our back deck covered in ice for the last 2 weeks.

completely unheard of. been here 12 years and never seen it like this.

article in the paper the other day, told us the reason it's been so cold here all fall and winter is...

you guessed it...

GLOBAL WARMING

we have wanted to go to NC after all my BS is settled up here in NY has me wondering now I want to get away from this snow and ice maybe we should bring the snowblower with us LOL.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

One of the happiest days of my life was when I gave my snowblower to my neighbor up in Bridgewater...

I still have a couple of snow shovels hanging in the garage. Sometimes I use them as dustpans lol.

The first year we moved here, it was 1998 or '99, there was a snowstorm here with like i think 4 inches.
    of course i got out there with my shovel before it even stopped. i used to do that in nj cuz i had a real steep driveway with a one lane road at the bottom. if i didn't make that turn at the bottom i'd slide right across the street and into my neighbor's car...

well anyway i always used to get out there early, cuz i didn't want to have to take three shovelfuls just to get down to pavement.

so here i am out shoveling, and the neighbors are looking at me a little weird. one actually asked me what the heck kind of shovel that was. he'd actually never seen one.

well i was the first one on the street to have his driveway completely clean when it did stop snowing.

as a matter of fact, i was the only one to have his driveway completely clean. or even shoveled at all.

they just waited till about 1 or 2 oclock. when it was all melted.

that's how it usually works down here.

every couple of years, tho, we get an ice storm...