Sent in by Fin, thanks.

This was already proposed and shot down on the national level by the EPA last year. Now the battle continues in CT.

I would advise folks out there to keep a close eye on this one. Even though I feel it might not pass, it still has a chance if enough environmentalists get behind it. As always, they seem to be more organized and effective than us sportsmen. We just don't get involved in these things because we feel they won't affect us.

As a guy who fishes regularly, I use lead a majority of the time when I'm out there. I can't imagine life without using bucktails or jigs.

I know we can make these from other materials, but if the ban holds, guys who make bucktails in their garages or basements will be banned from doing that.

Guys like Tropics, a member here, will not be able to make and sell sinkers anymore to supplement their income. Richie is a war veteran. Are you telling me it's right to stop him from getting the few dollars he makes each time? Home hobbyists and guys like Richie can not transition to making these things from steel because of the high temp needed to turn steel into liquid.

So for those who think it's no big deal and it won't affect them, think again.....

Thanks for reading guys and girls. Think about how a ban on lead might affect you, and feel free to weigh in here with comments. There are no right or wrong answers here, just your opinions.