Thread: commercial striped bass netters continue to rape the sea in North Carolina!!

Hybrid View

hey thanks for writing that bassbudda, I copied and e-mailed it out just now. That is truly disgusting, I would bet the commercial guys are somehow paying off the dmf guys. They should sink all the boats of the commercial guys who are caught doing this!

http://www.examiner.com/fish-and-wil...he-outer-banks

Here is article and pictures

New law was written to blow smoke up the publics arse

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Great idea, that letter, BB. I copied it and e-mailed it, thanks. This stuff makes my eyes pop out of my head.

I just sent an email. will do a few more later. I smell a striped bass moratorium in our future.

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    I smell a striped bass moratorium in our future.
    Me too, I give it 5 years before they shut it down again.
    E-mail sent, thanks BB!

Default The actions you do or do not take today will affect your fishing tomorrow.

Seamonkey and Bassbuddah thank you for your contributions to this thread. Bassbuddah I found your letter very well-written and containing all the main points that needed to be said. Thank you for taking the time to do that and sharing it with us here.

As Finchaser and others have implied, there is a false sense of security that happens whenever we see changes made. This time, those changes were not effective, and we need to appeal to a higher authority.

Bassbuddah made it extremely easy to do your part and contribute. Getting involved and sending this letter to the Governor will be a start. But we need critical mass here, a few dozen e-mails will not really get a response. If we want results, we have to be willing to take the time (in this case only a minute or so) and get involved.

No one is forcing anyone to get invoved. However, please consider that arguably 90% of the whole striped bass biomass is now off the coast of North Carolina. Letting these abuses go on, without protest, will certainly affect your striped bass fishing in the near future. It could lead to a moratorium as Vpass and others have pointed out. And as Finchaser and others have been saying, over and over again, there is a limited striped bass biomass. The numbers are not like Doritos, where you can just manufacture more out of thin air!

Finchaser and others have been predicting a possible moratorium for several years now based on increased catches of striped bass and declining YOY trends. It seems that some are listening, but many can't be bothered.

If a moratorium is eventually imposed again, will you be the one ranting and raving the loudest about it?
    Will you be able to say you did everything in your power to prevent it?

Or will you just accept it., like sheep being pushed around before being led to the slaughter?

I sent my e-mail in this morning, and tried to do my part.
    Will you, also?

Thanks for any help you can give, people. This is getting serious. The time for discussions has passed us. We need to stand up and register our strong disapproval every time we get hoodwinked like this.

And as I have been pre-occupied with other things lately, I sincerely thank the ones here and elsewhere who have been tireless in bringing these matters up to promote public awareness.

Letter sent, thanks fellas.

Commercial guys rule government in the Carolina's or should I say they own them

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Commercial guys rule government in the Carolina's or should I say they own them
    If there is any truth to what I heard last night, then the bass are in big trouble. Between all that goes on, Comms, Netting, Salty's Tours, The illegals, The bunker, Then the bass fishery does not stand a very good chance of having any kind of future unless they shut down the fishery altogether to get the stocks back. I heard sea bass is shut down for the year. I didn't even know that that fishery was in that much danger either. *** is going on???????