Thread: Maryland closes striped bass netting

Default Maryland closes striped bass netting

Natural Resources officials have shut down Maryland's striped bass gill net season. They found 4 nets with about 10 tons of bass in it. Read the link below. We need NC to the same as Maryland, This might put some pressure on NC.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Well at least they did something 10 tons later hopefully they get prosecuted also they need to grow some nuts and impound the boats until their debt is paid off, if they are not going to lock them up which would just cost the tax payers to keep his stupid butt in jail. heading out to the fishing expo to try and keep some of the mom and pop businesses going.Have a good one all.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Thanks for posting this, Vpass. The time for talking about these things has passed. There are more incidents like this now than ever. We need to keep ourselves informed,, and let our voices be heard. If you don't know where to start, please start considering which fishermen PACs (RFA, etc) that best represent you, and you can join and contribute to.

I don't understand why they couldn't do a thorough check of all the netters there and see which ones have missing nets? Don't those nets have to have some sort of foam buoy or identifying markers on them? This is insane that people could get away with that. F the due process and innocent until proven guilty. They must have a short list of suspects who would do something like that. Why don't they visit those guys and see who is missing a net or 2? It seems the officials are not doing their job. Could that be because they are getting paid off?
    Something smells very fishy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hookset View Post
    I don't understand why they couldn't do a thorough check of all the netters there and see which ones have missing nets? Don't those nets have to have some sort of foam buoy or identifying markers on them? This is insane that people could get away with that. F the due process and innocent until proven guilty. They must have a short list of suspects who would do something like that. Why don't they visit those guys and see who is missing a net or 2? It seems the officials are not doing their job. Could that be because they are getting paid off?
    Something smells very fishy to me.
    Agree 100%. This country tolerates to much illegal activity and needs to start over reacting to make people think twice. The punishment needs to be far more powerful than the crime. Enough is enough.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

hopefully they will keep it closed. lets not forget NC shut it down changed the law and now it's worse

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    hopefully they will keep it closed. lets not forget NC shut it down changed the law and now it's worse
    Yeah I wonder how many pockets got filled on that deal lets just change the wording make it worse and see who notices it's no different than importing drugs 2 or 3 get caught while 25 more cross the border right past the others who got caught I guess our govt. considers that as politically correct because it looked good on the news
    Cranky Old Bassturd.