Thread: raritan bay and ocean area temps

Hybrid View

Go south, young man, go south.

It went from 37 last night to 46 today, woo hoo!

Sorry pal that ones really hard to believe

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

^He's right. It's here all in black and white, finchaser. Grouchy much? Maybe dark has a point. Look at the chart for mar 6.The bay seemed warmed up last night, early pm,, but it was still no action.
    http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nj/nwis/uv...te_no=01407081

OK but my friends who fish there nightly said the water temps when they take it was 38 to 40 and void of life. Really makes no never mind to me as I don't fish there not into clams and commando fishing. Looks to me on your chart nights are in the low 40's and daytime highs rise, then again it has to do with water depth and in that area what flows down the rivers on the tide .The water went up to almost 55 degrees today according to them another 10 degree rise. Remember you are on the moon tide at low tide the extremely low waters warm quickly and give a semi false reading which drops like a rock on the flood tide. Should be in the 80's by the weekend. I'm not grouchy just report what I see or hear to try and help people as DS asked me to

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    OK but my friends who fish there nightly said the water temps when they take it was 38 to 40 and void of life. Really makes no never mind to me as I don't fish there not into clams and commando fishing.
    Finchaser no disrespect meant but I understood you to be a guy who doesn't fish bait. Yet you have friends who fish there nightly. Would they be using clams? From your posts I understood that you didn't associate with anyone who fishes bait, so why the friends who are clam fishers.
    It makes no difference to me as I will fish clams bunker or whatever else it takes it put them in the boat, just curious?