Thread: raritan bay and ocean area temps

Hybrid View

Temperatures in the ocean have gone down to 66 degrees. anyone else think when this bad weather stops the ocean will be alive with bait, stripers, and blues?

Hopefully this storm didn't push them out of the bays and flying south I've seen it happen before in the heyday when there was allot more fish

Usually around Saint Patrick's day the bay starts to empty which is next week I hope I'm wrong but this storm is not good especially after last week it's been NE for 2 weeks NW is what makes for a good fall

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Usually around Saint Patrick's day the bay starts to empty which is next week I hope I'm wrong but this storm is not good especially after last week it's been NE for 2 weeks NW is what makes for a good fall

St Patty's day? no offense but were you drinking green beer before you posted that? Perhaps you meant another holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    St Patty's day? no offense but were you drinking green beer before you posted that? Perhaps you meant another holiday?
    nope

Try Glenlivet next time it is a lot smoother than cat in the hat beer.

Ocean temperatures are almost perfect. Last night I took a reading of 66 degrees. Striper time.

Even better than that the temps are now in the zone. Ocean is 59. The bay temps have been hovering in the 50's. One bad set of days was around the 18th when temps plummetted over 15 degrees in one night with that cold northwest wind. Went from over 60 to 45 in one night and gave some of the fish lockjaw. This week they have been in the mid 50s perfect striper water. The problem is not too many fish are here.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Just saw that meant Columbus day

No worries it did cause me to think you were slightly plastered when posting tho.