Thread: raritan bay and ocean area temps

Hybrid View

Just read this on the net.
    "The end of the incoming in the Manasquan River this AM dropped the temp guage on our boat to 44.5 deg."
    thats pretty cold.

I saw that at the monitor in keansburg the water tempure was around 64. If the ocean temperature is only around 44 or 45? thats a difference of about 20 degrees. I hope this doesn't sound stupid but to me it seems like a big difference. does anyone think that could be having an impact on the overall fishing as well?

Figured I would jump start this thread with some readings. Its still very hot in the back of the bay. The daily water temps have been up to 80 degrees in the back bay. The good news is that over the last week the morning temps are starting to go down. In some cases they dropped to 72 degrees when I took the readings. I was near belmar the other day and took a ocean reading it was around 72. So the bay has a little ways to go yet before the action gets better. The drops in the past week are better than nothing though. We should start seeing some decent stripers soon. There is too much bait for them not to come back there.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Just read this on the net.
    "The end of the incoming in the Manasquan River this AM dropped the temp guage on our boat to 44.5 deg."
    thats pretty cold.

That is an amazing statistic that at the end of may that water there was 44.5 degrees. Must have been some S/SE wind that week or something.

Temperatures in the ocean have gone down to 66 degrees. anyone else think when this bad weather stops the ocean will be alive with bait, stripers, and blues?

Hopefully this storm didn't push them out of the bays and flying south I've seen it happen before in the heyday when there was allot more fish

Usually around Saint Patrick's day the bay starts to empty which is next week I hope I'm wrong but this storm is not good especially after last week it's been NE for 2 weeks NW is what makes for a good fall

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Usually around Saint Patrick's day the bay starts to empty which is next week I hope I'm wrong but this storm is not good especially after last week it's been NE for 2 weeks NW is what makes for a good fall

St Patty's day? no offense but were you drinking green beer before you posted that? Perhaps you meant another holiday?

St Patty's day? no offense but were you drinking green beer before you posted that? Perhaps you meant another holiday?
    nope

Try Glenlivet next time it is a lot smoother than cat in the hat beer.

Just saw that meant Columbus day

No worries it did cause me to think you were slightly plastered when posting tho.